Infobar manually on/off without timer

AlexWilMac

BH is a great work, no doubts about that.
Still, some improvements to get it more comfortable is always possible.
Once is surely, in my opinion, the Infobar behaviour.
Every box or decoder or software I've used so far has, among their settings, the chance to set how many seconds the user likes to keep infos (channel, program name, etc.) shown: this is normal and it's right.
What it's not normal and I find very uncomfortable, is that if the users want to keep manually visible the infobar as long as they like, it is not possible with BH because it always uses the timer setting in the preferences.
Every other box or decoder I've used, instead, even the cheapest ones, in case of manual intervention of the user (for instance pressing OK or Info) shows the infobar and then waits for another press of the same key whilst the timer is valid only when the user is zapping from a channel to another.
This would be an important improvement, I think.

You can alter the time, the info bar is displayed, along with other settings, by going into the menu, System, Setup, customise, and selecting the Expert option.

You can alter the time, the info bar is displayed, along with other settings, by going into the menu, System, Setup, customise, and selecting the Expert option.
BH is a great work, no doubts about that.
Still, some improvements to get it more comfortable is always possible.
Once is surely, in my opinion, the Infobar behaviour.
Every box or decoder or software I've used so far has, among their settings, the chance to set how many seconds the user likes to keep infos (channel, program name, etc.) shown: this is normal and it's right.
What it's not normal and I find very uncomfortable, is that if the users want to keep manually visible the infobar as long as they like, it is not possible with BH because it always uses the timer setting in the preferences.
Every other box or decoder I've used, instead, even the cheapest ones, in case of manual intervention of the user (for instance pressing OK or Info) shows the infobar and then waits for another press of the same key whilst the timer is valid only when the user is zapping from a channel to another.
This would be an important improvement, I think.

And if you want the infobar allways visible ... until you press another key ... set it to " NO TIMEOUT ".

best regards
nunigaia

And if you want the infobar allways visible ... until you press another key ... set it to " NO TIMEOUT ".

best regards
nunigaia

I perfectly know this. But this would make it even worse: every time I'll change the channel I'll have to manually make the infobar to disappear! This makes no sense.
The problem is that BH does not distinguish the two situations: the automatic setting for the most common operations and the manual intervention when the user wants to. For BH only the automatic setting exists.
And I'm sorry to underline this point: only BH so far has this behaviour.
I think it would be a big improvement with a little work, for a box ruled by a real OS linux-based.

Back