installing black hole uno 4k

chriscafe

Vu+ Newbie
hi there

ive donloaded the latest blackhole image for my uno 4k and extracted as per instructions to usb however ive tried both usb ports and all that seems to happen is black hole comes up on screen but theres no sign of any installing

should something else be happening?

whats the indication its installing? only thing i can see is front light dims and brightens and after a while it flashes on and off

Light is good but ,
If you had the panels to config video mode, network setup, setup tuner... then it is good.
And if you did not have this setup and configurations you have not installed a new image.

Describe exactly how you proceed. For instance: do you switch on from rear power button?
You should see, first of all, a message some seconds after powering it on saying something like "Press power to flash" (I can't be sure of your Uno 4K but I don't think should be different from my two VU+).
When you read this, immediately press the "soft" power button, the one on the front panel.
Now, if your USB stick is rightly formatted (FAT32) and compatible, you'll read other messages like "Create RootFS" or the like and, finally, "Flashing completed"...
If this happens, pull out the USB stick (but if you don't do VU+ will boot normaly as well) and, after loading GUI, a setup wizard will start.

On Uno 4K there is no display
and you do not need to press buttons.

On FAT32 formatted USB stick, unpack image.
Connect Usb stick on USB port and switch it box.

Ligt rhythm show when the flash started and when completed.
Restat box and config/setup image.

On Uno 4K there is no display
and you do not need to press buttons.

On FAT32 formatted USB stick, unpack image.
Connect Usb stick on USB port and switch it box.

Ligt rhythm show when the flash started and when completed.
Restat box and config/setup image.

Thank you for that it's installed now and wants to run setup after rebooting. I just need my Virgin activated at new house to carry on with setup etc

Back