Internal hdd vuduo2

lex7791

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Good day to everyone!!!
I have vuduo2 with internal hdd wd 500gb which cannot be initialize.
The bh 3.0.4 says me an error.
I have and e-sata hdd which i previously format in fat32 and in bh 3.04 initializes corectly.It works!!
My question is:
What i have to do to initialize the internal hdd without opening the box(something with telnet maybe??)
(I have to say that when i putted the internal hdd i didnt had format it.When i had bought it i had inserted directly)
It is dificault to open the box because i have puted it in dificault location.Thats because i want to format it remotely...
Please help!!!!
(Sorry for my English)

Hello Good day to everyone!!!
I have vuduo2 with internal hdd wd 500gb which cannot be initialize.
The bh 3.0.4 says me an error.
I have and e-sata hdd which i previously format in fat32 and in bh 3.04 initializes corectly.It works!!
My question is:
What i have to do to initialize the internal hdd without opening the box(something with telnet maybe??)
(I have to say that when i putted the internal hdd i didnt had format it.When i had bought it i had inserted directly)
It is dificault to open the box because i have puted it in dificault location.Thats because i want to format it remotely...
Please help!!!!
(Sorry for my English)

How to initialize HDD manually by command line ( by using telnet )

You have HDD (Internal or External) and You want to use it for recording and timeshift, but somehow initialization trough menu is not working ? Here is solution :

1. Connect and Telnet your STB and type this command

Code:
umount /dev/sda1

2. Now we will format HDD in ext4 FS

Code:
mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

3. With this command we will mount HDD under /media/hdd

Code:
mount /dev/sda1 /media/hdd

4. To be able to record and use timeshift we need to create directory movie in /media/hdd

Code:
cd /media/hdd

Code:
mkdir movie

best regards
nunigaia

Back