Is it possible to downgrade Kodi version?

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I had been running OpenBlackhole 0.1 on my VU+ Duo2 and using XBMC 13.2. I was really only using XBMC for an add-on called RTE Player HQ (catch-up service for an Irish TV channel).

Then I got a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T USB DVB-T tuner. The tuner was being recognised and appearing as Tuner C, however a service scan found zero channels. I tried a few things but in the end I upgraded to OpenBlackhole 0.6 and the service scan found all terrestrial channels.

However OpenBlackhole 0.6 has a newer version of Kodi, and when I try and use the RTE Player HQ add-on the video is blank (I can hear the audio though). I've also tried OpenBlackhole 0.4 and OpenBlackhole 1.0, however OpenBlackhole 0.1 seems to be the only image where the RTE Player HQ add-on works properly. I'm guessing this must be due to some change in Kodi as the version changes on each image. I'm using the newest version of the RTE Player HQ add-on so upgrading it is not an option.

I have tried copying the XBMC directory in /var/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions on OpenBlackhole 0.1 and placing this on OpenBlackhole 0.6 (I have removed the Kodi directory), however Kodi still seems to launch and not XBMC.

So my question is is it possible to downgrade the version of Kodi on OpenBlackhole 0.6 to XBMC 13.2 that is found on OpenBlackhole 0.1?

I guess an alternative here is to go back to OpenBlackhole 0.1 where the add-on does work and try to get the USB DVB-T tuner to work.

Thanks,
Daniel