Is it possible to watch recordings on Vu+ hdd using wifi?

Michael_Knight

Vu+ Newbie
Is it possible to watch my recordings on Vu+(4k models) hdd using wifi? If it is not possible, is there any other way to watch them from Pc?

In theory your receiver is networked, to your PC, so you should be able to access your PC files, but I've never needed to.
In the Open Black Hole Network menu there is an option called Ushare, but again I've never checked what it will do.
If I want to view anything, from my PC, I just copy it to a USB drive and connect that to my VU+.
Try an internet search for how to watch movies, from your PC, on an Enigma 2 receiver, or various combinations, including VU+, Black Hole, or Open Black Hole.

As long as you have good connection speed from the receiver to the PC, you will not have problems for the SD/HD channels and of course a good PC.
Watch a live channel via openwebif (for example) and with other programs, perfect.
Also what is recorded on the disc.

If it is already a 4K channel (UHD), you need an AC wifi connection (wifi 5G), you can maintain the transfer rate you need.
But, you need a very powerful PC, better than i5 and a good video card.
A companion with the notebook MSI, i7 and 17" with GTX via wifi ac, perfect 4k (UHD) channels.
----------
Siempre que tengas buena velocidad de conexion del receptor a PC, no tendras problemas para los canales SD/HD y por supuesto un buen PC.
Ver un canal en directo via openwebif (por ejemplo) y con otros programas, perfecto.
Tambien lo que este grabado en el disco.

Si ya es un canal 4K (UHD), necesitas una conexion wifi AC (wifi 5G), podra mantener la tasa de transferencia que necesitas.
El pero, necesitas un PC muy potente, mejor que i5 y una buena tarjeta de video.
Un compañero con el portatil MSI, i7 y 17" con GTX via wifi ac, perfecto los canales 4k (UHD).

In theory your receiver is networked, to your PC, so you should be able to access your PC files, but I've never needed to.
In the Open Black Hole Network menu there is an option called Ushare, but again I've never checked what it will do.
If I want to view anything, from my PC, I just copy it to a USB drive and connect that to my VU+.
Try an internet search for how to watch movies, from your PC, on an Enigma 2 receiver, or various combinations, including VU+, Black Hole, or Open Black Hole.

Thanks for your answer.Sorry, I was not clear enough I think. Actually I meant the opposite, if I record tv shows using Vu+ to Vu+'s internal hdd, can I watch the recorded materials, on my Pc via wifi.

As long as you have good connection speed from the receiver to the PC, you will not have problems for the SD/HD channels and of course a good PC.
Watch a live channel via openwebif (for example) and with other programs, perfect.
Also what is recorded on the disc.

If it is already a 4K channel (UHD), you need an AC wifi connection (wifi 5G), you can maintain the transfer rate you need.
But, you need a very powerful PC, better than i5 and a good video card.
A companion with the notebook MSI, i7 and 17" with GTX via wifi ac, perfect 4k (UHD) channels.
----------
Siempre que tengas buena velocidad de conexion del receptor a PC, no tendras problemas para los canales SD/HD y por supuesto un buen PC.
Ver un canal en directo via openwebif (por ejemplo) y con otros programas, perfecto.
Tambien lo que este grabado en el disco.

Si ya es un canal 4K (UHD), necesitas una conexion wifi AC (wifi 5G), podra mantener la tasa de transferencia que necesitas.
El pero, necesitas un PC muy potente, mejor que i5 y una buena tarjeta de video.
Un compañero con el portatil MSI, i7 y 17" con GTX via wifi ac, perfecto los canales 4k (UHD).

Thanks for your answer Tururu.

Thanks for your answer.Sorry, I was not clear enough I think. Actually I meant the opposite, if I record tv shows using Vu+ to Vu+'s internal hdd, can I watch the recorded materials, on my Pc via wifi.
You can connect to your VU+ receiver using Filezilla, or any other FTP, File Transfer Protocol, program.
This allows you full access, to your VU+ receiver, so you can access, and view, any recordings, or copy them directly to your PC.
I use VLC player, which seems to play nearly everything.

You can connect to your VU+ receiver using Filezilla, or any other FTP, File Transfer Protocol, program.
This allows you full access, to your VU+ receiver, so you can access, and view, any recordings, or copy them directly to your PC.
I use VLC player, which seems to play nearly everything.

Thanks for your answer. It's good to know that I can just use a ftp app to reach vu+.

Is it possible to password-protect vu+ so that to prevent wifi access by other people in our home?

You can try the parental options, in the VU+, but the best way is to protect your Network devices, adding security, to stop others accessing anything, on your network, including your PC's, and other devices.

I have made a shortcut from my vu internal HDD on PC desktop . by clicking I can open Hdd content and watch recorded files.

Back