Just ordered Duo2, 1st questions!

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
I just ordered Duo2 and before it arrives I have some questions:

1. Is there any image that a newbie should start with? I have linux at my home pc, but never had a linux receiver.

2. Is keeping the official firmware an option too, or no one does it? Is picture quality of alternative firmwares the same as the original?

3. My previous receiver, Vantage HD 8000TS had a very old satellite/transponders database, so I had to do blind scan of all satellites. How should I begin now? Is there an automatic way to update satellite/transponders database database, so as auto scan to be enough to find all channels?

Thank you!

I just ordered Duo2 and before it arrives I have some questions:

1. Is there any image that a newbie should start with? I have linux at my home pc, but never had a linux receiver.

2. Is keeping the official firmware an option too, or no one does it? Is picture quality of alternative firmwares the same as the original?

3. My previous receiver, Vantage HD 8000TS had a very old satellite/transponders database, so I had to do blind scan of all satellites. How should I begin now? Is there an automatic way to update satellite/transponders database database, so as auto scan to be enough to find all channels?

Thank you!

1) a linux STB is quite similar to your linux PC. About image, try some of them and keep the one you prefer (BH is the official image of this Board)
2) PQ is equal in all images based on the same driver. Drivers are released from Vu+ and are equal for all images
3) uhm .... usually TP/Sat databases is updated manually but in the past I've seen some plugins that updates satellites.xml file who contains SAT/TP datas.

Back