Kodi issues in BH 3.0.2G

cipsas

Vu+ Newbie
I have Kodi on Blackberry and recently upgraded my VU+ Solo2 to BH 3.0.2 Kodi as well. Compared with Blackberry I see the following issues:
1. Can't set resolution higher than 720p. Is this normal? Is it only a skin issue or does it affect movies playback as well? That is, are 1080p movies downscaled or not in Kodi?
2. Blackberry-based Kodi allows for separate image size adjustment in two opposite corners thus letting achieve almost perfect fit. BH Kodi however has only zoom option so in case image is shifted a bit to a side you can't get good fit. Again, is this normal or did I miss something?
3. There is no explicit requirement to have extra flash or HDD when using Kodi in the BH image description however when I read posts people state that this is kind of necessary. What is the case actually?

seb131

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
you need to understand that Kodi on VU+ is not using the Kodi player. It is like a frontend which is connected to the MediaPlayer software.
Kodi is only in 720p, but the playback in MediaPlayer will be in 1080p.
You need space on the HDD to store all the settings and thumbs that Kodi generated. You can also create a swap to improve the spped of kodi.
You can also replace MediaPlayer by MediaPlayer2. There is a stread here explaing how to do it.