This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

LCD4Linux night reduction

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
I’m trying to dim the LCD display at night when in idle state, but not turn it off completely

The “Night Reduction” setting might be what I need but I have a couple of questions

1. When does “night” start and end?
2. You can set the Night Reduction setting value to be between 0-10. I assume 0 means no reduction. What do values 1-10 mean?

I know I can turn the display off completely using the display on and display off settings, but I just want to dim the LCD at my chosen time then return it to full brightness at another selected time
 
The value of the night reduction reduces the current brightness by this value. Brightness=10, night reduction=6, result is a brightness of 4. (Brightness=10, night reduction=10 -> =0 / OFF)
The night reduction times are determined from the sunrise / sunset. To do this, configure the weather and position a weather element on any screen (it can also be an unused one, e.g. 9). Without weather the values are fixed, 18:00 - 07:00.
Only for display OFF own times can be set.
 
Back
Top