Solo2 LNB A only vertical/low band, LNB B Diseq with 3 SATs

bejenado

Vu+ Newbie
Hello All,

For several years I have been using successfully the following configuration in my Solo2 with BH:
  • Tuner A: loopthrough tuner B.
  • Tuner B: DiseqC with 4 ports (last not used) with three single universal LNBs: 13 E, 19.2 E & 30 W.
In the building I live (with 50 other neighbours) has been installed a new collective (shared) dish antenna, which is pointed to Astra 19.2E. The distribution is based on a single band, and the band chosen is VERTICAL-LOW. There is no possibility to switch to other band.

So, to use this new antenna the receiver does not need to inject any 22 kHz tone (for band selection), nor feed with DC the LNB with 13 V or 18 V. That is the receiver needs to send nothing to the new antenna LNB.

At the same time the receiver must know that this new LNB only carries the VERTICAL-LOW band, so it must not try to use for example to tune ZDF HD (which is in the HORIZONTAL-LOW band: 11362 H).

How can I set LNB A of my Vu+ Solo2 to use this new antenna?

Thank you!

Mick12334

There is something seriously wrong, with your buildings set up.
I assume that they're using a Quattro LNB, run to a distribution system, for the building, but only have 1 part working.
A Quattro LNB has 4 outputs, similar to a Quad LNB, but these 4 outputs are completely different, they consit of Horizontal Low, Vertical Low, Horizontal High and Vertical High.
Whoever fitted this system seems to have only the Vertical Low connected, or the LNB, or distribution system, has failed, leaving only Vertical Low channels.
You should be able to just set Tuner A up to Simple, Single, 19.2E, and just manually scan in the Vertical low channels, which you can find on Lyngsat:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-1KR-1L-1M-1N.html

If you then put these in a separate Bouquet, you should be able to access them, it shouldn't cause any problems, if your receiver sends a signal, to the system, trying to get the other channels, unless the system is really that dodgy.

You, and your neighbours, ought to complain, or set up a fund and hire somebody to repair the system.

Forgot to mention, you can then go into the Menu, Setup, System, Customize, change the top heading to Expert, then scroll down to the preferential tuner option, set this to B, from Auto, then Tuner A should only be used when recording off Tuner B.

Instead of using the buildings Vertical Low system you couuld also fit twin LNB's, to your dishes, and a second Diseqc switch, allowing both tuners to receive all 3 satellites.

Last edited:

bejenado

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Mick,

The collective installation is intentionally done the way I described because they only want to distribute this band (mainly used by Movistar+ package). The building is relatively old (40 years) and they have just swapped the old terrestrial coaxial by a new one able to transport 2 GHz signals (they have also changed the socket on the wall :)).

By other hand, thank you for your idea about putting a second cable changing my own single LNBs by twin ones... for the moment I think I will use only the existing cables... I just want to take advantage of this 'complementary' signal already cabled in my living room.

What really surprised me is that with the following configuration for Tuner A:

Bx4NHQhyRI2_Do8isAurdFQW2Y1TCetT-jSGctz5SP8?size_mode=5

The receiver still tries to use it for HORIZONTAL-LOW, obviously unsuccessfully.

I have not found detailed documentation, but I have supposed the following:
  • Threshold=11700 --> Tuner A is not valid to HIGH band (it seems working this way). HIGH band starts at 11.7 GHz. HIGH channels always use Tuner B (that has the four bands of 19.2 E).
  • Tone mode --> Off (no need no send 22 kHz tone, besides LOW band requires no tone).
  • Voltage mode (Polarization indication) --> Can have 3 values:
    • Polarization (I suppose this puts 13/18 V automatically depending on the channel belonging to a VERTICAL or HORIZONTAL band)
    • 13 V --> Vertical?--> This seems not working, or I do not know what is this for. I going to measure if the voltage is present. For me this would be the indication this tuner is only valid for vertical polarization and it should not put any voltage.
    • 18 V --> Horizontal?--> same doubts than for 13 V but for horizontal polarization.

Maybe I have misunderstood those parameters. Any other suggestion?

Then if I search the channels with Tuner A, and put Tuner B as preferred... only for 19.2 E VERTICAL-LOW will Tuner A used in first place? All other channels in 19.2 E (including HORIZONTAL-LOW) will use Tuner B? (I will try this).

Thank you for your answer and suggestions!:thanks:

Mick12334

I cannot see your image, detailing your Tuner A configuration.
Did you set Tuner B to be your preferred tuner?
You could try the Advanced options, in Tuner A setup, and try changing the LNB settings, LOF, LOF Low LOF High, etc, so that only the Vertical low frequencies can be selected.