LNB and copy of settings

manwithnoname

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all before we start i want to let you know im a complete noob so sorry if i ask alot of questions.

1. My neighbour has a sky dish from sky and it has four lnb connections to it, i asked him if i could hook upto it an his response was their are none spare as the two free ones are for recording but if i read things correctly that is just optional and if you want to record and could still conect a reciever to them yes?

2. If i was to get a Vu+ box and was to set it all up and kept everything upto date (blackhole, epg + addons i installed). Would it be possible to back his up onto a USB and then flash it onto friends boxes? The reason for this is i visit friends and once tehy have it up and running never do anything and dont try out addons etc.

Anyhelp advice is appreciated with this matter.

Hi all before we start i want to let you know im a complete noob so sorry if i ask alot of questions.

1. My neighbour has a sky dish from sky and it has four lnb connections to it, i asked him if i could hook upto it an his response was their are none spare as the two free ones are for recording but if i read things correctly that is just optional and if you want to record and could still conect a reciever to them yes?

2. If i was to get a Vu+ box and was to set it all up and kept everything upto date (blackhole, epg + addons i installed). Would it be possible to back his up onto a USB and then flash it onto friends boxes? The reason for this is i visit friends and once tehy have it up and running never do anything and dont try out addons etc.

Anyhelp advice is appreciated with this matter.
1. If your neighbour has a quad LNB he only needs two connections to play and record....the other two are spare if there are no cables to them...maybe a polite way of saying no...lol+
2.Yes..providing it is the same model/image

1. If your neighbour has a quad LNB he only needs two connections to play and record....the other two are spare if there are no cables to them...maybe a polite way of saying no...lol+
2.Yes..providing it is the same model/image

Thanks for the reply fairsat and maybe, but i feel he dont unerstand which is why im asking here before i enquire again as it threw me off im a noob at this and we all have to learn somewhere.

1. When i spoke to him i asked if i could hook up to it his response was they are all taken as two are only for recording which i found an "odd" reply he then told me he has it connected to his bedroom and his living room (one cable for each room) he then went on to say he runs a cable from his room to his daughters when she's allowed to stay so she can view it.

I guess what im asking is they are all do the same thing and none are reserved for a certain thing, you could have 4 recievers if recording didn't interest you. Reason im asking to connect to his ish is because its a council flat (converted house), seems easier than having multiple dishes when there is a quad lnb and 2 ports free.

2. Thanks, yes there is one Solo and 2 duo's (first gen) at the moment im not sure what im getting yet, i guess i can ask more when it happens.

Thanks for the reply fairsat and maybe, but i feel he dont unerstand which is why im asking here before i enquire again as it threw me off im a noob at this and we all have to learn somewhere.

1. When i spoke to him i asked if i could hook up to it his response was they are all taken as two are only for recording which i found an "odd" reply he then told me he has it connected to his bedroom and his living room (one cable for each room) he then went on to say he runs a cable from his room to his daughters when she's allowed to stay so she can view it.

I guess what im asking is they are all do the same thing and none are reserved for a certain thing, you could have 4 recievers if recording didn't interest you. Reason im asking to connect to his ish is because its a council flat (converted house), seems easier than having multiple dishes when there is a quad lnb and 2 ports free.

2. Thanks, yes there is one Solo and 2 duo's (first gen) at the moment im not sure what im getting yet, i guess i can ask more when it happens.
1.He is correct....Feed 1 = Play
Feed 2 = Record
Feed 3 Living Room/Loop to daughters bedroom.
Feed 4 Bedroom
Therefore no spare ways

This is how it looks on the LNB, but i guess i could just look into a seperate dish.

LNB 1 his bedroom
LNB 2 empty
LNB 3 his living room
LNB 4 emtpy

This is how it looks on the LNB, but i guess i could just look into a seperate dish.

LNB 1 his bedroom
LNB 2 empty
LNB 3 his living room
LNB 4 emtpy

Yes...but he needs an extra cable to record.....so providing he only records in one room ..then yes he has a spare.

Yeh seems like the best solution i doubt he will record though the dish has been their for a two years with no additional inputs been taken.

Thanks for the halp anyway fairsats appreciated.
Pound to a penny he hasn't a receiver that will record then.
You find out who your friends are when you want something:help::help::help:

Back