LNB options in Vu Duo2

Dzaster

Vu+ Newbie
Keep getting this message: Your post's content was found in Akismet database and was marked as Spam so you are not allowed to post it here. If you believe this was not correct, please reply or use the contact form

Trying to find info on what options the the VU DUO2 has for LNB. Looking for a DP or DishPro option for North American sats.

Thanks

Keep getting this message: Your post's content was found in Akismet database and was marked as Spam so you are not allowed to post it here. If you believe this was not correct, please reply or use the contact form

Trying to find info on what options the the VU DUO2 has for LNB. Looking for a DP or DishPro option for North American sats.

Thanks
DP or DishPro lnbs are band stacked lnbs. The only receivers that have this as a lnb option that I know of were designed specifically for the reception of , or the theft of Dishnet or Bell services.
The Duo2 does not have the option for a DP or DishPro lnbs but they can be made to work a bit by scanning only one polarity instead of both polarities.

Extract from the Enigma2's sec.cpp code:
Code:
    /* Dishpro bandstacking HACK */
if (lnb_param.m_lof_threshold == 1000)
{
if (!(sat.polarisation & eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite::Polarisation_Vertical))
{
band |= 1;
}
band |= 2; /* voltage always 18V for Dishpro */
}
else
{
if ( sat.frequency > lnb_param.m_lof_threshold )
band |= 1;
if (!(sat.polarisation & eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite::Polarisation_Vertical))
band |= 2;
}

Thank you very much for the information. This receiver looks amazing and I can't seem to find anyone in the US using it. We get bad receivers. I use FTA receivers for many purposes and was curious to see what capabilities this has for options. There are in the clear channels on Dishnet and Bell services that can be watched. This is a big investment for me and I really am trying to get as much info as I can so I don't have a door stop. I can only figure there must be a reason no one is using them here, but can't figure it out. So again, thank you very much for helping answer my questions.

I realize there are fta channels on both providers, and sometimes other channels will be open for a bit.
I live near Atlanta, Ga. and have been using a 4 tuner Duo2 since the last quarter of 2013. Some other people also have Duo2 receivers in the U.S. I do not regret buying it, but it would be very nice if atsc capability would be added to it

Back