Looking for a Sleeptimer plugin

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Hello!

I'm new with OBH 4.3.019 after some years with an older BH image. Currently I very miss a sleeptimer function which was present in my old BH. I can't find any plugin for such functionality. Please help. Thank you!

Greets
Cody

AlexWilMac

Clearly you haven't entered the Timer MENU, yet. What are PowerTimers in your opinion? They do much more than SleepTimers.
There's no BH function missing in OBH (apart from the nowadays less useful FCC, as OBH 4.3 became much faster at zapping than previous releases).

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
I've seen the power timers but tought its a bootup and shutdown scheduler. The thing I was looking for is a kind of watchdog timer for RC activity. In the old BH it was configured to 40 minutes timeout. When no keypress on the remotecontrol was recognized, the STB goes to standby (and the TV within over HDMI-CEC). This is not related to a fix timestamp, only activity-related. I can't see such feature in the timer menu.

EDIT: I can't tell you which exact version the old BH was. I had it on the Solo2 over some years (maybe 2014). It was working fine until I had uninstalled the LCD4Linux plugin. After then and the next reboot it hungs in a bootloop and I flashed over the new OBH image.

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac: I have found the time to investigate the power timer you mentioned. Youre right, it works! Between my old BH and the new OBH is a huge evolution. Many new options but a little bit confusingly. Seems like an OS for moon rockets ;-)

AlexWilMac

Well, an "image" is an operative system: it needs time and exploring and tries to get acquainted to it.
Surely, OBH is more customizable and you'll find out a lot of features, for example, pressing MENU also within specific sections, like the channel list (where you can customize the number of lines displayed, the font size and so on...) or the EPG or the Recording list (where, along with the same possibilities as in the channel list, you also have the chance to assign your preferred functions to the coloured buttons) and so on.

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Unfortunately it seems that it does not work in playback mode, only when viewing live TV. Can I solve this?

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Hehe this is why I had seeked for a "Sleep Timer" before you said me it is a "Power Timer" here :-D The most people knows the problem: A long working day, going to the couch, viewing some recordings and voila... fallen asleep. But the STB and the TV within runs and runs and runs. Therefore I really need a "Sleep Timer" (in some very old movies it was also called as "Dead Man Switch").

Funnily, I can't think of a scenario where I need a "Power Timer" which works only with Live-TV and not with Playback :-D

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, after a long time of experiments and updates, I gived up. OBH is now replaced with VTI. Please don't misunderstand me: I really like OBH for its large number of config options. But unfortunately, my list of bugs becomes longer and longer. VTI has a lot of issues also but the sleep timer works as I expect: In Live-TV and in Playback. Out of the box. I hope OBH will fix that so I will come back.

AlexWilMac

Have a nice sleep... in prison, then. I prefer to be free. For a bunch of saved watts, I won't never exchange my freedom. Enjoy your closed code, and with the ugliest closed image, also!!! The very sad VTi!!!
Bye! :D

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Freedom is not an end in itself. It has to work. I couldn't even find an bugtracker for OBH to report the issues I've found. How should the developers even know if something goes wrong? If such reports are not taken seriously (the bug is sitting in front of the screen), you shouldn't be surprised if the users migrate again. The eternal mistake of the open source community.