Losing signal on some channels on Vu+Duo

Julian Matthews

Vu+ Newbie
Can anyone help please, for weeks now i've noticed a few channels wont work properly as in they pixelate then drop the lock on the channel. Im in south wales with a vu+ duo

Ive changed all the coax cables once again, bought a new supreme intelligent dark motor, new lnb which was a darkgold that came with it and the ultra black i already had just bought 2 weeks back and for some reason i still cant get a good signal on some channels. Obviously had to redo putting the satellite dish and motor up, positive its straight. Good signal on every satellite from 30w to 28e that i could always get.

Currently checking and just as an example canal sport 1 71% snr, 100% agc, canal+ sport 2 pixelates and says tuner failed then comes back in every few seconds at 69% snr and 100% agc but keeps losing lock.
The above is an example but loads of other channels do this, just checked and novella tv which is on 11662 v 26500 3/4 does the same, canal sport 2 is 11448 h 27500 3/4. Others on 7/8 and higher or lower in frequency do the same.

Does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Im using a vu+ duo original so its fairly old but i find it odd that theres only a few signal problems but cant think what else it can be as ive replaced everything including updating software to latest openBH. Any help is much appreciated as ive spent quite a bit to sort this out with nothing to show for it.

AlexWilMac

Before thinking it's a your VU+ HW fault (it might be some capacitor, and this is even more likely due to the age of your device) it would be very useful if you can borrow another STB and compare the situation.
Before that, you could take note of the worst and best transponders values (obviously in a sunny or not cloudy day) to compare to the other receiver.
If the other one does not show the same differences among transponders, then it is surely your Duo to have problems (by the way: it's a Duo or a Duo2?).
In this case, taking it to a technician to change its capacitors might give it a newer life. Or...

Julian Matthews

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Alex, dont know anyone nearby but i do have an old eagle linux box around here somewhere, its not disceq but as longs as its working (need to find a power supply for it) then i can plug it straight in and see if theres any improvement. Never thought the capacitors would affect just a few channels though but will give it a try, thanks for the help

a911

The BH Lover
Thanks Alex, dont know anyone nearby but i do have an old eagle linux box around here somewhere, its not disceq but as longs as its working (need to find a power supply for it) then i can plug it straight in and see if theres any improvement. Never thought the capacitors would affect just a few channels though but will give it a try, thanks for the help

What capacitors,,,is their an image or part number?

AlexWilMac

I've read (also in this same forum) many posts, particularly about the Duo: so he can do a search about it. But obviously I can't remember their ID.

Julian Matthews

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks both, going to find the eagle first to check it is that because the eagle used to get both perfectly but wasnt disceq hence the upgrade. If it works on that i'll read up on the capacitors and find out whether its worth changing them or buying new.

AlexWilMac

After all, capacitors don't cost a fortune and, in case, it's better to change some more than strictly necessary than less...

camane007

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, changed the capicitors c848 and c819, they arrived earlier today, changed them and all seems fixed now, getting extra 10% snr thanks for all the help

Hi there , i've read that and i can see that i've same problem, can somebody show me where the " capicitors c848 and c819 " are ?
Thanks in advance.