Made a mistake

Jaygotgame

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all
I recently bought a VU+ Duo2 from comwales

I had no idea that there were clones being sold and i'm now concerned that what I have bought may be a clone.

How can I tell if this is a clone? i'll take it back and get one from an official seller if it is a clone.

Thanks
Jay

Hi all

I had no idea that there were clones being sold and i'm now concerned that what I have bought may be a clone.

How can I tell if this is a clone? i'll take it back and get one from an official seller if it is a clone.

Thanks
Jay

It's always suggested that you buy your box from an official reseller ....

Hi all

Thanks
Jay

What did it cost you? Could be a clue.

Version: Nov 5 2014-vuplus_experimental_factory
Image: Experimental 2014-11-05

Yes, thats the VU basic image....ok
If you have a genuine receiver you should be able to install Blackhole 2.1.4
If you have a clone and you try to install Blackhole 2.1.4 you may brick your box.
Note:This is the hard way to find out.
Entirely up to you, lol

ok i'll get in touch with the supplier tomorrow and get them to confirm that it's a genuine box, if they don't i'll return it and if they do i'll install 2.1.4
I'll be sure to record the conversation ;)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it

ok i'll get in touch with the supplier tomorrow and get them to confirm that it's a genuine box, if they don't i'll return it and if they do i'll install 2.1.4
I'll be sure to record the conversation ;)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it

What is the web address of the supplier you bought from?

The price is about right, generally listed for around £319, but comwales.co.uk looks more like a marketplace, for other businesses, possibly just Wales.
At least they provide an address, in the UK, and reviews, of the site, seem OK.
Try loading the latest Black Hole image and get it running, the only way you can really tell is by using it.

The price is about right, generally listed for around £319, but comwales.co.uk looks more like a marketplace, for other businesses, possibly just Wales.
At least they provide an address, in the UK, and reviews, of the site, seem OK.
Try loading the latest Black Hole image and get it running, the only way you can really tell is by using it.
Yes Mick,but are they buying in with sufficiient manfacturing knowledge?
In my opinion he is doing the right thing in asking them the question if they say genuine and the receiver bricks on 2.1.4 he has definite reason to return.

Back