MediaPlayer2 as default player - Kodi 16.1R2 - BH 3.0.2 ( ONLY )

nunigaia

Due some askings, it´s not perfect, but i think it will work, at least the same way as it was working when using XBMC.

You don´t need to use it, but i think you´ll use it. :)

Now it´s more simple, to apply, because you only need to have two files ... subssuport is already installed in the image.

1. One for installation using FTP and telnet ... ( copy to stb and install in stb ), it´s the case of the attached file enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.61_20150909_all.ipk .
  2. The second one, is the " plugin.py file " of KODI, moded to work the same way as it was working, regarding XBMC.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR BLACKHOLE 3.0.2 KODI Images

INSTALLATION:

Download the 2 attached files to a folder in your PC ( of your choice ) to a folder a your choice:

/kodi_Mod

1 - FIRST STEP ( copying files needed )
  1. Unzip the plugin.zip file to this folder.
  2. With an Ftp tool upload the file enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.61_20150909_all.ipk to the /tmp/ folder in your STB.
  3. Create another folder on your PC to make a copy of the content of: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodi folder ... this way you´ll have a copy of your "original files".
Example:

/Kodii_Mod/Origin_Files

2 - SECOND STEP( installation )
  1. Unpack the zip file on the folder where you have downloaded, the plugin.zip to obtain the plugin.py needed.
  2. Copy the obtained " plugin.py " file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodi folder and overwrite the plugin.py file ...
  3. Using the command line ( telnet ) execute the following command to install mediaplayer2:

Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

killall -9 enigma2

The next time you execute Kodi launcher, you´ll have Mediaplayer2 as default player in KODI.

In Italiano: ( @Kowalski_68 THANKS ):

Qualcuno di voi mi ha fatto delle domande… , non è perfetto ancora , ma penso che funzionerà , almeno nello stesso modo in cui stava funzionando XBMC .

Anche se pensate che sia complicato, non vi sarà difficile utilizzarlo…

E molto semplice da realizzare, perché avete solo bisogno di avere due file ... subssuport è già installato nell'immagine .

Uno per l'installazione tramite FTP e telnet ... (copia nel SetTop Box e l'installazione nello stesso)

E' il file allegato in enigma2 - plugin- extensions- mediaplayer2_0.61_20150909_all.ipk .

Il secondo , è il " file di plugin.py " di KODI , modificato per lavorare nello stesso modo in cui stava lavorando con XBMC .

NOTA : questo vale solo per Blackhole 3.0.2 Kodi Immagini

INSTALLAZIONE:

Scaricare i 2 file allegati in una cartella sul PC in una nuova cartella:

Esempio /Kodi_Mod

1 - PRIMO PASSO ( copia dei file necessari )

Decomprimere il file plugin.zip in questa cartella .

Con uno strumento FTP caricare il file enigma2 - plugin-extensions - mediaplayer2_0.61_20150909_all.ipk nella cartella /tmp del SetTop Box.

Creare un'altra cartella sul PC per copiare il contenuto di : / usr / lib / enigma2 / python / plugins / extensions / Kodi ... in questo modo avrete una copia dei " file originali " .

Esempio:

/Kodii_Mod/File_Originale

2 - SECONDA Passo (installazione )

Decomprimere il file zip nella cartella in cui è stato scaricato il plugin.zip ed avrete il file plugin.py necessario.

Copiare il file ottenuto " plugin.py " in / enigma2 / python / plugins / estensioni cartella / usr / lib / Kodi e sovrascrivere il file plugin.py ...

Utilizzando la riga di comando ( telnet ) eseguire il seguente comando per installare mediaplayer2 :

Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

killall -9 enigma2

La prossima volta che eseguirete Kodi , avrete Mediaplayer2 come lettore predefinito in KODI .

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.61_20150909_all.ipk
    38 KB · Views: 1,068
  • plugin.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:

nunigaia

...perché non lo mettete di default al prossimo update? ;)

Because, BlackHole 3.0.2 is the most similar image to Vuplus orginal image ... subssuport is already in image ... i can ask for an administrator to put also MediaPlayer2 on the feeds, but Kodi must work with enigma2 Mediaplayer.

Perché,BlackHole3.0.2 è l'immagine più simile all'immagine orginal Vuplus...subssuport è già in immagine...posso chiedere all' amministratore di mettere anche MediaPlayer2 sul feeds, ma Kodi devono lavorare conenigma2 Mediaplayer.

nunigaia

Because, BlackHole 3.0.2 is the most similar image to Vuplus orginal image ... subssuport is already in image ... i can ask for an administrator to put also MediaPlayer2 on the feeds, but Kodi must work with enigma2 Mediaplayer.

Perché,BlackHole3.0.2 è l'immagine più simile all'immagine orginal Vuplus...subssuport è già in immagine...posso chiedere all' amministratore di mettere anche MediaPlayer2 sul feeds, ma Kodi devono lavorare conenigma2 Mediaplayer.

Mediaplayer2 is avaiable in addons extensions for download.

<green>; <yellow>; <addons download manager>; <blackhole addons plugins>;

( SAME VERSION ) v0.61

Mediaplayer2 è disponibile in addons estensioni per caricare.

best regards
nunigaia

jaa

Vu+ Newbie
Mediaplayer2 is avaiable in addons extensions for download.

<green>; <yellow>; <addons download manager>; <blackhole addons plugins>;

( SAME VERSION ) v0.61

Mediaplayer2 è disponibile in addons estensioni per caricare.

best regards
nunigaia
Everything works fine playing the movie from the hardisk.
But when i play from my nas it does not work.
Plying with the dvd player i got picture no sound.

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
Same issue here. I see video files (avi, mkv, etc.) from my Synology NAS through NFS. I can click them but neither
MediaPlayer2 nor Kodi plays them. Timer on the player show -0.01.

The same movies are played from USB stick without any problem.

Any thoughts?

nunigaia

how do i get kodi on solo2? tried to kodi launcher in BH plugin but nothing is happening and the box just freezers

You must have:

• an HDD "allways" attached at your Solo2 mapped as /media/hdd

or at least:

• an usb pen drive mapped as /media/hdd.

NOTE: THIS IS ALL BEFORE PUSH " KODI LAUNCHER "

best regards
nunigaia

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
KODI DOES NOT PLAY THROUGH NAS: SOLVED

I set up Kodi through my Synology NAS using NFS and SMB. It did see the files, I could
browse directories, it downloaded video information, but when I selected a particular
file (avi, mkv, etc.) just nothing happened.
When I copied the file to a USB stick and attached to the VU+'s USB port it did play.

So I thought that it has nothing to do with the file itself, something should be wrong
with how VU+ have access to these files through a NAS server.

It seems that I figured how to solve this issue, at least it does work for me.

SOLUTION

Here is the trick: you have to attach the NAS folder through Root mount. Please read
the detailed guide how it works for me:

1) Setup your NAS to enable NFC or SMB, here is a detailed guide for several NASs:
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS

2) I use MediaPlayer2, instead of MediaPlayer.

3) Download and Install MediaPlayer2 through Addons from VU+ Main Menu
(Addons > Addons Download Manager >Blackhole Addons Plugin > select and install MediaPlayer 2 from the list)

4) Make MediaPlayer2 the default player for Kodi
Follow the second step in the attached link, to make MediaPlayer 2 the default player for Kodi.
(Copy, the plugin.py files to Kodi's directory to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodi)
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...fault-player-kodi-16-1r2-bh-3-0-2-only.28282/
You do not need the first step, because in STEP3 you installed MediaPlayer.

5) Mount your NAS as Root Directory
VU+ Main Menu > Setup > System > Select your network connection (WLAN or LAN)

6) Follow the picture guide to finalize the process: Kodi1.jpg and Kodi2.jpg

Attachments

• Kodi1.jpg
    Kodi1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Kodi2.jpg
    Kodi2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 355

humaxdriver

Vu+ Newbie
Hi some addons which working great on mxq pro android box with kodi 16.1 jarvis not working on my VU SOLOSE someone can help me? thanks

medo_sd

Vu+ Newbie
HI :)
I have mediaplayer2 as default player in my Kodi setup but i have one problem
i cant change the aspect ratio .. pressing ZOOM/5 does nothing and its always on just scale
even if the video file is 1920x790 it plays as 1920x1080

i tried removing and reinstalling but without any change

nunigaia

HI :)
I have mediaplayer2 as default player in my Kodi setup but i have one problem
i cant change the aspect ratio .. pressing ZOOM/5 does nothing and its always on just scale
even if the video file is 1920x790 it plays as 1920x1080

i tried removing and reinstalling but without any change

Test it with another file, because i don´t have this issues. Normally if you press <5> severall times until you get 4:3 aspect ratio, it will display with Black borders at the top and down, and the video is not stretched.

best regards
nunigaia

medo_sd

Vu+ Newbie
Test it with another file, because i don´t have this issues. Normally if you press <5> severall times until you get 4:3 aspect ratio, it will display with Black borders at the top and down, and the video is not stretched.

best regards
nunigaia

thank you for responding and trying to help :)
I did try several files and all of them were stretched
pressing 5 displays all the aspect ratios with green text in the upper left corner but without changing any thing in the picture displayed

i tested the same files in Open Blackhole 0.6 via open multiboot and it was the same ( using mediaplayer and mediaplayer2)

tested the same files again in openpli 4 in open multiboot and they played with the correct aspect ratio with black borders above and below the video

medo_sd

Vu+ Newbie
update :
in the image A/V settings if i set the " Display 4:3 content as - Just Scale" mediaplayer2 plays my files with Just Scale aspect ratio.
in the image A/V settings if i set the " Display 4:3 content as - pillarbox" mediaplayer2 plays my files with the correct aspect ratio.
changing : "Display >16:9 content as" has no effect on mediaplayer2

and pressing 5 doesn't change anything in all these situations.

antoine3_dupres

Vu+ Newbie
Iwith kodi i have some weird behaviour. Mediaplayer2 works fine for some content, but for some other it does not. When I does not work, the internal dvdplayer of kodi displays a proper image, but with no sound. Any ideas? Using latest bh 3.0.2 on vu duo2.