motorised dish setting

asif007

Vu+ Newbie
hi everyone I was just wondering i got vu duo2 with bh 2.1.5 installed and i got quad dvbs2 tuners all of them are in use the first 2 a&b tuners are for fixed 28.2 east on an advanced mode that's no problem there, the other 2 c&d tuners are for motorised dish the issue im having is whenever i need to move the dish to another satellite i have to go into menu settings just to un-configure one of the tuner so i can move the dish is there anything wrong here or is this how it suppose to work please help so i can put my mind to rest thank you

It sounds like your tuner settings aren't correct.
Why are you using advanced mode, for a fixed dish, on 28.2E, a simple setup should suffice?
If Tuners C & D are for the motorized dish then you should have 1 set up in Advanced mode, whichever 1 is attached to the motor, e.g. Tuner C, and the other tuner set as Second Cable of Motorized System.
If you already have it like this then try switching the motor cables to Tuners A & B, and the 28.2E cables to Tuners C & D.
Can you please post more details of how you have Tuners C & D set up.

It sounds like your tuner settings aren't correct.
Why are you using advanced mode, for a fixed dish, on 28.2E, a simple setup should suffice?
If Tuners C & D are for the motorized dish then you should have 1 set up in Advanced mode, whichever 1 is attached to the motor, e.g. Tuner C, and the other tuner set as Second Cable of Motorized System.
If you already have it like this then try switching the motor cables to Tuners A & B, and the 28.2E cables to Tuners C & D.
Can you please post more details of how you have Tuners C & D set up.
all the tuners are in advance mode somebody did the setting up for me can you tell me what is the difference in advance mode and simple mode all I want is to have the motor rotating without having to disable the other tuner

Advanced mode is used to configure tunerrs that require more advanced settings, like using a 36v motor, where you have to use Diseqc 1.2, or having a motor, and fixed dish, combined, on one tuner using a Diseqc switch.
Can you please confirm how your dishes/tuners are set up.
Dish 1 fixed pointing at Astra 28.2E with two cables, 1 for Tuner A, 2 for Tuner B.
Dish 2 Motorized with 2 cables, 1 for Tuner C, 2 for Tuner D.
Do you know what type of motor you have?
If your just using the above you can set Tuner A to simple,
Menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration, Tuner A
Configuration Mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - Astra 1N/2A/2F etc.. 28.2E
Send Diseqc - No

Then set Tuner B to Equal to Tuner A

If using a Usals Motor you set Tuner C to:
Mode - positioner
then enter your Longitude, and latitude co-ordinates, which you can find at dishpointer.com.
Or you can leave it Advanced and enter the settings.

Then set Tuner D to second cable of motorized setup.

Can't you contact the person who initially set up your receiver to help you out?

Advanced mode is used to configure tunerrs that require more advanced settings, like using a 36v motor, where you have to use Diseqc 1.2, or having a motor, and fixed dish, combined, on one tuner using a Diseqc switch.
Can you please confirm how your dishes/tuners are set up.
Dish 1 fixed pointing at Astra 28.2E with two cables, 1 for Tuner A, 2 for Tuner B.
Dish 2 Motorized with 2 cables, 1 for Tuner C, 2 for Tuner D.
Do you know what type of motor you have?
If your just using the above you can set Tuner A to simple,
Menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration, Tuner A
Mode - Single
Satellite - Astra 1N/2A/2F etc.. 28.2E
Send Diseqc - No

Then set Tuner B to Equal to Tuner A

If using a Usals Motor you set Tuner C to:
Mode - positioner
then enter your Longitude, and latitude co-ordinates, which you can find at dishpointer.com.
Or you can leave it Advanced and enter the settings.

Then set Tuner D to second cable of motorized setup.

Can't you contact the person who initially set up your receiver to help you out?
Thank you very much for your explanation it was very useful and helpful I have followed it and it works the person who helped me doesn't live near by he is probably very busy and doesn't answer phone so I thought I shall give a try on this forum once again thank you so much

You can also change the preferred Tuner Setup, in the Customise option.
Menu, Setup, System, Customise, change the first option to Expert and you can alter a lot of settings, including the Tuner from Auto to A, B, C or D.

Back