My Ultimo

fesoj

Vu+ Newbie
I have installed the latest black-hole 2.0.3 Hyperspace with just a few plugins. I also have a 1 gb hard drive and a usb for my ghost universe The remote controls (2nd one is a vu UNO type) are very slow and sometimes unresponsive. Occasionally when i'm going thru the channel list it stops and goes in working mode (with the symbol visible on the top left corner). When it returns the channel list goes to the beginning of the 'ALL' channels or stations.
Is this a problem with my receiver or is a common one maybe due to the image??

Thanks for all your support

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I have the same with my Ultimo and the only answer I can seem to find is that it could be due to using a plasma screen, I don't have the problem with any other box.

Mito

Administrator
There is not any issue with BH image.
If your remote control batteries are new and there is no interference, it may be a settings problem.
You can try to download and install a new settings package.

fesoj

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same with my Ultimo and the only answer I can seem to find is that it could be due to using a plasma screen, I don't have the problem with any other box.
To tell you the truth i have a Panasonic plasma TV and i read somewhere that there might b some interference with the remote. Infact i have both my remotes controlling my TV.
is there a way to disable remote to factory settings?
Thanks agian for your help and support

Werdermouth

Vu+ Newbie
This very interesting as I've had similar problems since I got my Ultimo - when navigating through my favourite TV channel list it will often suddenly jump out of the list and into the All Channels list (much to my annoyance) - and yes I also have a Panasonic Plasma TV. I also have other problems when pressing other buttons and different letters appearing when using the remote keyboard.

I had always assumed there was a problem with the way the ultimo processed signals from the remote as I also have the same problem when using a Logitech Harmony 600 remote. Though I have had no problems operating any other devices when using my remotes so it still must be something in the way the Ultimo processes its remote signals.

By-the-way I did a test - With the Panasonic turned on and then turned off - I selected my favourites TV list then held down the remote Down-Arrow for several seconds
- with the TV on it will jump to the All Channel list
- with the TV off it never jumps to the All Channel list

As for solutions? I know when using a USB keyboard there are no problems so I ruled out software problems (i.e. BH) - whether there's a way to operate the ultimo through a USB device I'm not sure - I may also try testing using a LED monitor to make sure it is definitely the Plasma causing interference.

I've also discovered I have fewer problems if I keep the remote as still as possible when operating.