My Vu+ don't start after Boot Loader upgrade...

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
HI!..

my EPG hasent been workin as it shuld the last week and i tried to update the Boot loader....

downloaded the latest Image 2.1 from code.vuplus.com and placed it on a USB-stick.

(i have never updated anythion on the box before... to afraid to ruin it!)

installed as it shuld but when i turned it on again it just says "Starting..." and nothin happends?!?!... PANIC ATTACK!!

what did I do wrong?

didnt work with Image 1.6 either...

maybe I'm mixin BootLoader and Image Loader?...

now done this: (copy/paste from VUplus Support)
TITLE How to update Vu+ Duo CFE
WRITER admin
To avoid large size(>64M) image update problem, please update CFE of your Duo.

** NOTE ** : This Bootloader(CFE) is the same one released last year(2011, Ver 3.0), If you have already upgraded, there is no need to upgrade again.

This Bootloader(CFE) should be used for Duo only. Otherwise it will crash the box.

** NOTE ** : CFE update is not needed for Uno and Ultimo

** Brief explanation of Duo's bootloader update **

1. Unzip the duo_cfe_3.0_usb.zip to USB stick.(There should be /vuplus/duo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin)
2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of Duo and turn the power on.
3. It takes just a few seconds to update.
4. If Duo displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart the box.
5. To update 6.0 image, you should delete the cfe_cfe_auto.bin at /vuplus/duo in USB stick once bootloader update is finished.

shuld i use:
Image 1.6
Image 2.1
or something else??

What image did you have loaded before?
Try loading the latest Black Hole 2.1.1 image, from the forum.
Which VU+ model do you have?

think it was Open PLi?!? as i said really noob but OpenPLi rings a bell!!...

what is the differense between Open PLi and Black Hole??... in NOOB language please!.. ;)

They are images, both work in a similar way but equally have differences.
Some images are more complex, than others, which provide a lot more options, for the user.
Think of a PC, and the various Operating Systems, they all do basically the same job, in the case of your receiver allowing you to scan in channels, and add software, Plugins, but each has differences, some hate Windows 7, others love it, most of us hate Windows 8, but those that have grown up with it like it, and don't miss the expert user options, found in the earlier Windows operating systems.
Summing it up each image depends on the user, you load, and use, whichever you are most comfortable with and prefer. It's a case of try carious ones and then stick with the one you like the most, and is most suitable for your needs.

Back