Request MyMetrixHD or MetrixHD for Bloackhole 3.0.5L

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Can someone tell me if there is possible to use the Metrix skin on BH 3xxx ?
Have installed and when i try to activate ->>> this skin is not compatible with BH image :(

When i see that is not working i have runned a Flashing imanges spree :)))

1. Put Openpli... was almost close to ditch BH for that image, all the skins works without problems, very light and speed image BUT don't like the menus :D, no buttons shortcuts...
2. Flashed OpenATV.... man i love german stuff but that one is kinda extreme... have chosed English as menu language, some parts was in english some in german... NOT OK, also the menus sucks (imho)

SO what the heck i want ???

I want a f@cking skin with fucking weather :)))
I like a lot MetrixHD MOD by Raed (who's this guy? i really want to contact him), it's a clear skin not a christmas tree, and it has weather info !!! :))

Ok of course the weather plugin on BH not working i have an error but that is other story (a post is open for that also)

So please ppl, help me to fix that this weekend

Cold Made in Belgium beer for the one who help me :)

Ciao

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
Merci @newgolfer

Kinda dissapointed :(

It took a eternity to read all the thread, and the site is sooooo slowwww today

As i'm in tests with my new toy ultimo 4k i will give a try to OBH - if i will be able to download it

I really don't know why some Staff members "hate" this skin... i don't think that is to heavy as i have tested on the 2 other images and no lags, no freeze (i'm very new in this area so i'm not speaking by experience) not my business anyhow

I will still try to found around the web ZA solution :)

Bonne soirée a tous

nunigaia

Merci @newgolfer

As i'm in tests with my new toy ultimo 4k i will give a try to OBH - if i will be able to download it

I really don't know why some Staff members "hate" this skin... i don't think that is to heavy as i have tested on the 2 other images and no lags, no freeze (i'm very new in this area so i'm not speaking by experience) not my business anyhow

Bonne soirée a tous

It doesn´t matter if you use BlackHole or Open BlackHole images!

I kindly you recommend, even if you intend to use third party skins, to use only MX ( Matrix10 skins ), because they are the ones supported on both images.

If you intend to user other skins, rather then MX skins, use it at your own risk, but please don´t ask for support for it.

Thanks,

best regards
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator
Merci @newgolfer

Bonne soirée a tous

No one hates skin,the problem is that the images change many times a year
But this is not the skin of our authors and we do not have time to update the skin.
We have ours for update for BH and also for Obh image ,
every smaller update update for 20 or more skins x 2 (much work)

If you know to update skin without fatal bugs, nobody defends it.
But we do not want bugs and that's why we're not backing and fixing bugs
which are caused by the skins of other authors.

AlexWilMac

Yes, no one hates skins but using these MyMetrix ones on BH or OBH is like buying an historical vehicle from the '50ies and then installing in it a modern Carplay stereo system...
They simply don't match: a kitsch skin for an elegant environment.

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
Touché :)

Ok roger that, the argument with the car was awesome.

So guys please recommend me one or more supported skin with weather part.

Off topic: there is a bug with the weather extension ? The one from the bh feed... not able to have the meteo feed, tried in bh 305 and obh 4.1 (made all the updates...) 204 error no content or 404 not found - added my city and... paris :)

Thank you both for taking time to answer

AlexWilMac

I'm not sure whether such a skin exists or not for our beloved images, but I don't think so.
I take advantage of the almost indispensable L4L (Lcd4linux) to alternate infos about the programmes and also the weather. Then there are also weather plugins to display infos in full screen ;)

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac That ->I take advantage of the almost indispensable L4L (Lcd4linux) to alternate infos about the programmes and also the weather. Can you be more specific please ? Not at home right now so i cannot see what is l4l :)

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know exactly what you're looking for.
We have not and will not make skins with the weather forecast in Main OSD.

For the plugin all work in Open Black Hole (now I've tested it)

1. Weather Plugin
2. Foreca Weather Forecast plugin
3. The same nice plugin Duch plugin is HetWeer
You must enter your location if it is not NL or Belgium.

There are certainly other plugins on the net that work,
and of course the LCD4Linux weather forecast for box with LCD.
Look at the forum information about LCD4Linux

Gold_66

Vu+ User
You may want to take a look here:

Code:
https://hdglass16.eu/

It's a very good and completely customisable skin that offers weather both on infobar and/or separately.
There are also Full HD (recommended) and Ultra HD versions that can be downloaded in Forum section.

We have not and will not make skins with the weather forecast in Main OSD.
I still miss my handmade Maestra skin sometimes. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

You may want to take a look here:

Code:
https://hdglass16.eu/

It's a very good and completely customisable skin that offers weather both on infobar and/or separately.
There are also Full HD (recommended) and Ultra HD versions that can be downloaded in Forum section.

I still miss my handmade Maestra skin sometimes. ;)

Live external links are not allowed in our board, please pay attention to it! ;)
Thanks,

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

@Alexwilmac That ->I take advantage of the almost indispensable L4L (Lcd4linux) to alternate infos about the programmes and also the weather. Can you be more specific please ? Not at home right now so i cannot see what is l4l :)

As I wrote, L4L is the acronym for Lcd4linux, one of the most famous plugins. It's not just and only for weather infos, but it make possible to use the LCD display on the VU+ in thousands ways and with up to 4 different screens that you may show cyclically.

Matrix10

Administrator
Touché :)

Ok roger that, the argument with the car was awesome.

Off topic: there is a bug with the weather extension ? The one from the bh feed... not able to have the meteo feed, tried in bh 305 and obh 4.1 (made all the updates...) 204 error no content or 404 not found - added my city and... paris :)

Thank you both for taking time to answer

shot2.jpg

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
@Matrix10 a little more info please ?
What is the skin name ?

I have managed to have the weather on obh (via the weather plugin), on obh the yellow button works for city code search but not under bh image.

Thank you in advance

Matrix10

Administrator
@Matrix10 a little more info please ?
What is the skin name ?

I have managed to have the weather on obh (via the weather plugin), on obh the yellow button works for city code search but not under bh image.

Thank you in advance

I have not test Black Hole.

Skin name is MX Maestra2 weather for Open Black Hole image.
Download with box from OBH server.