Need a new VU box

t40t40

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.

I need to replace my old DM8000 With 2 sat and 1 DVBT tuner

I am looking at VU+ Duo2 with dual sat tuner and DVBT tuner.

Is this a stable working setup. or is there any other ideas?

Thanks

T40T40

It is a perfectly stable setup but if you are thinking a little more for the future then maybe consider the solo4K

Thank you guys.
Perhaps I should look in to the 4K boxes. But i think I will end up with the solo 4K I need 2 sat and one T2 tuner and ultimo is probaly too expencive.
Is there any problems with Solo 4K is ARM cpu a dead end?

And no I am not in a rush.

t40t40, I use this setup - Vu+ Duo2 with 2 dual DVBS and one DVBT/C (in DVBT mode). And everything is OK. But if it not so urgent and you have an extra money, thing about last news - Vu+ Ultimo 4K and Vu+ Uno 4K. I prefer them before Solo4K, because they are on a mips CPU.

Where did you read that ultimo and uno 4k are mips? They are not MIPS, but ARM BROADCOM cpus.

best regards
nunigaia

Well :-)

Perhaps I should look more at 4k. Will it work well with my multiswitch or does it need special lnb's?
Also was the ARM cpu a posible dead end? as the new models use other Cpu? -My biggest problem
Any news about when other 4K boxes will arive, and what the price will be.

Well :)

Perhaps I should look more at 4k. Will it work well with my multiswitch or does it need special lnb's?
Also was the ARM cpu a posible dead end? as the new models use other Cpu? -My biggest problem
Any news about when other 4K boxes will arive, and what the price will be.

It seems you haven´t read my post --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/need-a-new-vu-box.29024/#post-212288

One more time:

AFAIK, all vuplus 4k STB are ARM broadcom based, so i don´t know how you can say " ARM cpu possible end? ".
About prices ATM " only GOD knows ".

Hi.
I end up with Solo4K :-) -really nice box.

But I have a problem. I try to read on forum.

I try to mount hdd from DM8000 to Solo4K

The Solo 4K has 2Tb internal disc, so that should have all recordings now.

I took out the HDD of the DM8000 and install newest openpli.

I try from menu with remote (automounts) but also with fstab.

Also on the Solo4k I generted the missing exports file.

I have also a Zero that I is connected from menu and is working.

Anyone have any good idea howto connect a NON VU box to a VU box

I also tested with an old DM500HD with LT image also I cant get it to connect over nfs

Hi.

Can't edit my post. to make it clear. Harddisk is in the Solo4K. There is no disk in the Dm 8000 or DM 500HD
It is not posible to mount Harddrive from Solo4k to any of them. using NFS or CIFS.
However I also have a Zero that is mounted from menu in Blackhole. anyone know how that work?

Have to fire up this tread again. :-)

If one like a stable pvr ready box as cheap as posible. Is this SOLO 2 ?

Thanks

Back