Need help mounting a movie directory on PC

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. As it says I'm using 2.0.3 image and cannot get the Ultimo to recognise a movie directory on my PC running W7. The movies are stored on a hard drive G: but cannot get it to recognise anything on my computer including stuff on C:. I can only think I'm doing something wrong when setting up the mount in Wifi Network. I know its important to have the right directory path info programmed and I have set the directories to be shared on the PC. The path should be G:\Movies but in the properties the share path is \\HOME\Movies home being the name of my PC. Neither path seems to work.
Any help much appreciated.

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks but your link don't work and its a PC hard drive I want to share with my box so I can play movies stored on PC with the Ultimo Media Player not share my box hard drive with PC, I already know how to do that.
Just wondered if anybody else has tried to do the same and if successful how to input the info for the box to find my PC files. I tried to mount the PC with
IP address and hard drive address in the network wifi settings and cannot get it to recognise the PC.

Shiro

BH-C
Thanks but your link don't work and its a PC hard drive I want to share with my box so I can play movies stored on PC with the Ultimo Media Player not share my box hard drive with PC, I already know how to do that.
Just wondered if anybody else has tried to do the same and if successful how to input the info for the box to find my PC files. I tried to mount the PC with

This is easy. you have to set in your pc the disk/folder to be shared and then goto blue -> blue Network browse and mountpoints select connection and follow instructions for cifs mount

IP address and hard drive address in the network wifi settings and cannot get it to recognise the PC.
the link does work. Copy it and paste into new tab of your web browser (it depends which web browser you use). Link has wrong title, but it's all about mounting CIFS - sharing Windows 7 disc or movie folder with vu boxes. You can also go straight to 'BH how to...' and you can find same thread in there (the link should take you there anyway).