Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020.
The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost.
We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years.
You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.
Hi there. I am having problems wih my network mounted hard drive. My hard drive was originaly formatted and used in an external cady, and connected with an esata cable. And this set up worked fine. Ihave recentlyy purchased an Asus ac-66u router which I now have my hard drive (ih the cady) connected to the usb port on the router. I have mounted this hard drive on my vu+duo 2 using cif and the share shows up. I have set it to replace hard drive in the menu. I am able to record with no problems, and also play back as well. The problem is that I am not able to move media from my origional "movie" location where a lot of my content is stored. The home directory of my recordings and media is now "media/net/rtac66u". Thanks for any help that you can offer me to fix this problem. I have also tried to change the default recording folder, but I am am unable to record when I do this.
You can change recording path
if you make first new recording folder on your network drive/mount.
You must enable in Menu->Setup->System->Customize the Expert mode
next you can find the correct "Recording path" item in Setup menu
and setup new recording path.
Thanks for your reply. In the mean time I have transferred over my media content to my PC, and done a fresh format of my media hard drive. I am just in the process of copying my media content back. I will let you know the outcome.
After doing all the above, it is now all working fine. I formatted the hard drive on my PC in ext3 format and mapped it again on my router. And then mapped it using cifs on my vu2 duo box.
Just one more quick question guys. When I restart my box, I sometimes lose my network mount. Is there a way to fix this? My mount type is cifs and this is coming from a hard drive attached to my Asus router via a USB cable. Thanks for your help.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.