Network drive problems.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. I am having problems wih my network mounted hard drive. My hard drive was originaly formatted and used in an external cady, and connected with an esata cable. And this set up worked fine. Ihave recentlyy purchased an Asus ac-66u router which I now have my hard drive (ih the cady) connected to the usb port on the router. I have mounted this hard drive on my vu+duo 2 using cif and the share shows up. I have set it to replace hard drive in the menu. I am able to record with no problems, and also play back as well. The problem is that I am not able to move media from my origional "movie" location where a lot of my content is stored. The home directory of my recordings and media is now "media/net/rtac66u". Thanks for any help that you can offer me to fix this problem. I have also tried to change the default recording folder, but I am am unable to record when I do this.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Another point that I have noticed is that I am also not able to add book marks to my media folder. Thanks for any more help with this.

Matrix10

Administrator
You can change recording path
if you make first new recording folder on your network drive/mount.

You must enable in Menu->Setup->System->Customize the Expert mode
next you can find the correct "Recording path" item in Setup menu
and setup new recording path.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply. In the mean time I have transferred over my media content to my PC, and done a fresh format of my media hard drive. I am just in the process of copying my media content back. I will let you know the outcome.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
After doing all the above, it is now all working fine. I formatted the hard drive on my PC in ext3 format and mapped it again on my router. And then mapped it using cifs on my vu2 duo box.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Just one more quick question guys. When I restart my box, I sometimes lose my network mount. Is there a way to fix this? My mount type is cifs and this is coming from a hard drive attached to my Asus router via a USB cable. Thanks for your help.