This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

New HDD

biscamax

BH Lover
Hi everybody!

I'm having problems with my old Seagate 1.5 TB internal HDD, so I'm thinking to buy a new one.

What you think about this one?:
Western Digital WD40EZRX Caviar Green 4 TB

Can I use it with no problems on a Vu+ Duo?

It's performance it's good?

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy this one

Seagate Video 3.5 HDD ST4000VM000 - SATA-600 (ST4000VM000) - Harddisk - 4 TB - internal harddisk - 3.5" - SATA-600 - buffer: 64 MB

Seagate Video 3.5 HDD is designed to deliver reliable 24 x 7 operation - optimized for low-power consumption, quiet operation, smooth video streaming, high reliability and high capacity.

Best regards
 
Thanks superglud for your reply and suggestion.

I guess that HDD is the best Seagate 4 TB to a STB, but I had 2 bad experiences with 2 Seagates, 1 a year ago on my desktop, and now on my Vu+Duo.

Also, I think the WD Green is equally or more low-power consumption and quieter than the Seagate, because it runs at 5400 rpm, while the Seagate runs at 5900 rpm.

Do I need format the new disk in FAT32 before format it on Vu+Duo?
 
Good carnival to all.

I'm waiting for a HDD "WD Green 4TB" for my Vu+Duo.

Do I need to format the HDD in FAT32 before format it on Vu+Duo?

If yes, what is the best way to do it (which can be recognized all the 4TB)?

Thanks in advance
 
Hi, I need to buy 1-2 TB hard drive 2,5 zoll.
Can you recommend me something good or tell me which parameters should I looking?
For my Solo 4k.
 
Hi, I need to buy 1-2 TB hard drive 2,5 zoll.
Can you recommend me something good or tell me which parameters should I looking?
For my Solo 4k.

Samsung 850 EVO 2 TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E2T0B/AM). I have used SAMSUNG 2TB SSD 2,5" and it has been working great more than 2 weeks.
Capacity: 2TB
  • Form Factor: 2.5 inch
  • Interface: SATA 6Gb/s (Compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s)
  • NAND Flash: 32 Layer 3D V-NAND
  • Thickness: 7.0 mm
 

Attachments

  • SSD 850 EVO 2.5 SATA III 2TB.png
    SSD 850 EVO 2.5 SATA III 2TB.png
    234 KB · Views: 26
Hello. I would like to apply an External USD HDD to my DUO2 (BH image).
Is there any particular request for HDD that I should take care of ?
Any External USB HDD is OK, or not ?

Thanks for advice.
 
Back
Top