New remote control with no < and > buttons.

animalperson

Vu+ Newbie
I got a new vu+ solo 2 remote, however it has no < and > buttons to go backwards and forwards.

I am wondering could I configure other unused buttons to perform their functions instead?

I've been looking at the keymap.xml in /usr/share/enigma2 but can't make heads or tails of it.

All help or suggestions appreciated!

That cant be a Vu+ remote?? all have thoose buttons even the cheap china remotes so are you sure its a Vu+ remote?
Maybe upload a picture of this remote?

animalperson

Vu+ Newbie
It was marked as a vu+ solo 2 remote. They even specifically warned that not all vu+ remotes are the same so to only pick the device you have which I did.

But of course it now appears to be a replacement rather than an official remote.

s-l500.jpg

Yes and this looks nothing like the remote for Vu+
Looks like a universal remote of anykind.

Dont now what country you are from but most European Vu+ store can deliver all over europe so you get the proper Remote

a911

The BH Lover
It was marked as a vu+ solo 2 remote. They even specifically warned that not all vu+ remotes are the same so to only pick the device you have which I did.

But of course it now appears to be a replacement rather than an official remote.

s-l500.jpg

There is Enigma 2 RC on google play store, try it.

animalperson

Vu+ Newbie
There is Enigma 2 RC on google play store, try it.

I tried to use that in the interim but my phone doesn't have infrared. You don't actually expect someone to use their phone as a remote permanently?

There are ORIGINAL, very good remotes: this is chinese crap. And buying onlne requires to be subtle...

I had great success with the Chinese one I got before from actually China. The only reason I didn't do it again was because it takes about 3-6 months to come - and that was pre-covid. I have two of them ordered now (only €5 each with postage). I prefer their style and feel anyway. I am just wondering if I could get < and > to work on this one, maybe by replacing with one of the useless ones like DVD or AUX.

AlexWilMac

Under BH there is no chance of easy customization: you need to edit the keymap.xml located in
/usr/share/enigma2

Under OBH there is the chance of customizing 95% of the remote keys without any expertise over this file.

animalperson

Vu+ Newbie
Under BH there is no chance of easy customization: you need to edit the keymap.xml located in
/usr/share/enigma2

Under OBH there is the chance of customizing 95% of the remote keys without any expertise over this file.

As I say I can't figure out how to do it. It's a pretty long file and I went up and down it searching various keys until I got dizzy. I don't know what the name of the "context" or the name of the key id or mapto.

animalperson

Vu+ Newbie
Hey, I looked in the package it came in and found a guide! Apparently I should press shift + left for < and shift + right for > and there are several other multi-button press involving shift.

AlexWilMac

Good: maybe some other keys are possible by dancing on a single foot or jumping or walking on your hands. Is surely very comfy.

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I would to ask about buttons on the panel of vu + duo2 as my Remote control was broken, and I need to use the voume ! Are there any volume buttons on the box, or nothing ?

AlexWilMac

Strange question, really strange: don't you see there is no button on the Duo2 panel, apart from the power/standby one?
You can use the open web interface (OWIF) to control every buttons, waiting for a remote replacement.
To access OWIF, simply access your box by a browser, digiting your box IP.