Newbie alert... hehe

Crosswire

Vu+ Newbie
Guys,n gals. Thanks for reading.

I have bought one of these boxes on the premise they are a good solid reliable unit, so bear with me.

I have done basic setup, all appears ok, but I'm not getting a screen/tv picture. The blue VU screen is there but it just says starting gui.

Network is ok as it did some updates, and it finds Astra 19.2E and hot bird (which I'm surprised at because it's my s k y HD dish that was allegedly pointing to 28.2

The clock has just updated to the right time, and I can see shed loads of channel listings, but no tv picture

Do I need a CI card for this?

Thanks!

nunigaia

Guys,n gals. Thanks for reading.

I have bought one of these boxes on the premise they are a good solid reliable unit, so bear with me.

I have done basic setup, all appears ok, but I'm not getting a screen/tv picture. The blue VU screen is there but it just says starting gui.

Network is ok as it did some updates, and it finds Astra 19.2E and hot bird (which I'm surprised at because it's my s k y HD dish that was allegedly pointing to 28.2

The clock has just updated to the right time, and I can see shed loads of channel listings, but no tv picture

Do I need a CI card for this?

Thanks!

:welcome::thanks: for joining our board.

Before proceeding with any questions, and to avoid asking what has no answer, i think is a great idea to take a careful look to this rules --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

best regards
nunigaia

Crosswire

Vu+ Newbie
:welcome::thanks: for joining our board.
OK..

Let me be clearer...

I have performed a basic setup. The transponders are Astra 19.2 and Hotbird that I can see.

I can see a list of channels, but there is no screen.

Any help appreciated in being able to view said screen.

All networks are ok and all updates have been done by the box. It all appears right, just no tv.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

OK..

Let me be clearer...

I have performed a basic setup. The transponders are Astra 19.2 and Hotbird that I can see.

I can see a list of channels, but there is no screen.

Any help appreciated in being able to view said screen.

All networks are ok and all updates have been done by the box. It all appears right, just no tv.

Thanks

Check for example on Astra 19.2 East

Das Erste
Das Erste HD
Eins Festival
Eins Festival HD
Fashion 4k Preview

best regards
nunigaia

Crosswire

Vu+ Newbie
Check for example on Astra 19.2 East

Das Erste
Das Erste HD
Eins Festival
Eins Festival HD
Fashion 4k Preview

best regards
nunigaia

Hmmm... I see what you did there... Of course I would find this content of interest... IF of course I could actually see it..

Crosswire

Vu+ Newbie
should you not be scanning 28.2? change tuner settings?

Well, you know, that is what I thought, and i am fairly certain my previous provider was indeed on 28.2 but when I scanned it only gave 19.2 and hotbird.
Anyway, I will give it another try later and let you know.
Thanks for the response.

Mick12334

If only using a fixed dish, on Astra 2, 28.2E, you should have the Tuner set up to Configuration Mode simple, Mode single, Astra 2, 28.2E.
How have you got your tuners configured?
Many channels share the same transponder, on different satellites.