Newbie Questions ..

Westbay

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Ok, I've got a VU+Solo2 with BH, I think I've set it up ok ....but

Q1 what do the symbols on the channel info bar mean ?
Q2 why can I see some HD channels and not others ? ( NOT the subscription ones)

Most are basic, Signal Quality/Strength readings, Audio, Dolby Digital. Videooutput, 16:9, etc.....
If you press it twice you get mor informatio, the letters indicate any encryption standard, the subscription channels might be using, e.g. N = Nagravision, C = Conax, etc.. satellite, channel frequency, and other information.

What FTA, Free To Air, HD channels can't you view, and on which satellites? They mioght have changed frequency, or PIDS, and might just need scanning in again.

I would like the DUO2 Image File
nfi size

An NFI extension is given to a disk image created from the hard drive of a Dreambox satellite or cable television receiver. It is a backup file that can be used to restore data to a Dreambox. NFI files distributed by Dream Multimedia are used to update Dreambox DVR firmware.

So, I don´t know what you expect from a " NFI " file, and don´t know what you mean about " NFI SIZE ".

best regards
nunigaia

Most are basic, Signal Quality/Strength readings, Audio, Dolby Digital. Videooutput, 16:9, etc.....
If you press it twice you get mor informatio, the letters indicate any encryption standard, the subscription channels might be using, e.g. N = Nagravision, C = Conax, etc.. satellite, channel frequency, and other information.

What FTA, Free To Air, HD channels can't you view, and on which satellites? They mioght have changed frequency, or PIDS, and might just need scanning in again.
Hi Mick

Thanks for reply. Let me check out the channels and I'll get back.

Hi Mick

Thanks for reply. Let me check out the channels and I'll get back.

Can get :- BBC 1 HD, BBC2HD, BBC 3HD "SID not in PAT" same for BBC4HD...
Cannot get ITV2HD, 3HD,4HD, Channel 5HD but Channel 4HD is ok, Film4 HD can't get.....

hence confusion !

BBC 3 and BBC 4 don't start broadcasting until 19:00 so try scanning for them then.
Some of the channels might be Freesat, which requires a viewing card, rather than FTA.
Check the links, the ones with a Red F, next to them are FTA:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

Back