Newbie Questions

MalR

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

I have a few newbie questions about my solo2 that i'm slowly getting to grips with. Can anyone help?
I'm just using the standard Vu+ image, not BH nor any of the others also available (for the time being), and i'm using 2 feeds from a quad LNB pointing at Astra2 - if that makes any difference.

Is there a way to explicitly control which tuner is used for which recording? Or even for when just watching/streaming?
A couple of times i've tried to set up an event which would "fit" with all other events, but it shows a conflict. But logically they can all co-exist together.
It all seems to want to do it automatically, and i've not set any pre or post time in the settings, so until i can figure how it calculates which tuner to use, i'd like to be able to manage it manually.

Is there a way to see the current, in progress recordings at a glance?
I've seen that i should be able to see (and control) what's recording just by using the record button but that has no effect, and the times i've tried from the events list - well, it's a bit cumbersome and not too intuitive....

In the coming weeks, i'm going to try and set up one of the 7day EPGs i've seen mentioned in various places.
Do they only work from within their own "featured" image, or will any EPG "work" in any image? (To varying values of "work")

I've made a couple of bouquets using DreamBoxEdit but i'm having problems with BBC3 and BBC4. During the daytime i can get the childrens content transmitted then, but after 7pm when it should switch to BBC3/4 the channels are just "dead".
What do i need to do to be able to watch them? I'm not at all bothered what the name is called in the bouquet, i just want to be able to watch.

Thanks a lot all, for your help in advance,

Mal

As this is a Blackhole forum you could try using the latest Blackhole image where you can select which tuner to use for recording.Menu/Setup/System/Customise/Setup mode as Expert.Scroll down to near the bottom and change preferred tuner to which tuner you want.I'm sure there'll be something similar on the image you are using

Back