perx72

Vu+ Newbie
just got myself a vu+duo2 installed something i shouldn't have, getting green screen with sorry your stb encountered a software problem can someone please help had a spiderbox before this I think I'm out of my depth.

just got myself a vu+duo2 installed something i shouldn't have, getting green screen with sorry your stb encountered a software problem can someone please help had a spiderbox before this I think I'm out of my depth.

Upload here the crashlog to help you ...
No crashlog ... no help!

best regards
nunigaia

You have a lot of errors about OpenAir and other third parties plugins.
Ok but can you tell me how to clear the errors because i didn't realize that 3rd party plugins would cause such a problem wish I wold of read more before messing around with the receiver first.thanks

Ok but can you tell me how to clear the errors because i didn't realize that 3rd party plugins would cause such a problem wish I wold of read more before messing around with the receiver first.thanks

If you remember the last plugin that you have installed and caused the error ... uninstall it!

Uninstall too skyhd 0.2 skin you have installed to make skin default your default skin ....

If you can´t uninstall it ... dued to GSOD ... with an FTP tool like dreambox control center, filiezilla, etc ... delete it by hand!

If this don´t solve your issues ... reflash your STB ...

Note: If you intend to reflash ... try make a backup first of your personal settings.

best regards
nunigaia

can you please explain more about ftp tool I'm completely new to Linux I can see all folders on the network using my laptop but can't do anything with the receiver it keeps going on and off then green screen sorry to be a pain but getting frustrated now.

Leave your receiver in standby mode, you can still access it using your PC.
You can try editing the VU+ folders, using your PC, to remove the faulty plugins, but it's a lot easier just to start again.
You can backup your channel list using dreamboxedit, which you can download from the VU+ Tools section, download the latest version:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-tools-settings.10/

Once you have downloaded the latest version, of dreamboxedit, make a new folder, on your PC desktop, and name it Settings.
This is the default name, and location, for dreamboxedit.
Now start up dreamboxedit, click on the Tools heading, and then Options.
Insert your receivers IP address, in the options IP Address box, and click Save.
Now go to File and Fast FTP download, you should now see all the channels, from your VU+ receiver, so click the Save option, and you have these stored.

You can also copy the Enigma2 folder, using Filezilla, the FTP program you are probably currently using.
On the top right hand side, of the split screen, are your VU+ Folders, on the left are your PC folders.
Go to the etc folder, click on the + sign, to expand the folders, and right click, on the Enigma2 folder, and Download, or just drag it to your Desktop.
You can also save other folders/files, if they have been altered.

Now you can re-flash your receiver, with the latest Black Hole, or other image.

Thanks for all the information really appreciated how do i reflash the box it came with software on it,Can you tell me what to put on pen drive or where to get it from thanks.

Back