No audio on SES-1 4020

4KorBust

Vu+ Newbie
I used automatic scan to acquire this, but I don't get any audio on

<sat name="101.0W C-band SES 1 &amp; DirecTV 4S/8" flags="0" position="-1011">^M

<transponder frequency="4020000" symbol_rate="28000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2"/>^M

</sat>^M

From Lyngsat:

Gone Viral TV [F] MPEG-4/HD 121 2800 2810 E AC3
Gone Viral Music [F] MPEG-4/HD 122 2900 2910 E AC3
Gone Viral Vogue [F] MPEG-4/HD 123 220. 2210 E AC3
Gone Viral X-treme [F] MPEG-4/HD 124 2300 2310 E AC3

Is there something wrong with the data from satellites.xml?

Note that hitting the yellow button on the remote doesn't give me any options for audio channels.

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Satellites.xml only contains transponder information for the satellites. Easiest way to edit most E2 files is with notepad++ and transfer the files or edited files through FileZilla.

Ac3 audio is a known issue with Blackhole in North America and is something I have posted about here before. You will probably find other Blackhole image issues as you progress. IMO, the best thing to do for now is backup and save your Blackhole image, then load the OBH image or another image that works well in the United States. You can return and work the bugs out of this one after you understand and are more familiar with the image file structure. EB

Last edited:
Is there a link to OpenBH in github? There are a few repositories there, I am wondering if there are any instructions somewhere to help a Noobe on getting the correct sources built so that I can try to fix the issue.

Blackhole and OpenBlackhole are designed to work only on Vu+ receivers. Image information for building is not readily available to the best of my knowledge. Other images are available that encourage building and development. EB

OK, I have managed to download dreamboxedit from a good site. Then I added the audio pid as shown in my Linkbox 9000i (under the AC3 PID), but I still don't get audio. When I examine the PIDs via Information / Service / PID's, it shows there.

However, when I view the audio option I don't see any option for it there.

My suspicion is that AC3 support is completely missing, can anyone confirm that they have been able to utilize AC3 with the Vu+ Solo 4K?

I have been playing around with SES-1C a bit more now that I can edit channel lists. It seems that the service type for MeTV HD on 3725/V/10000 was set to 1, but in the dreamboxEdit it seems like it should be 25 for HDTV, or is that only for terrestrial broadcasts?

The SD channels seem to provide AC3 / Dolby, it seems to be missing only for the HD channels. I suspect that something is getting corrupted somewhere in Enigma 2?

Do folks in Europe have any issues with HD channels using AC3 audio?

Back