No signal on DVB-S channels

grockle

Vu+ Newbie
Just getting to grips with my new Vu+ Duo shipped with the standard tuners. Had a setup with s Spiderbox previously. I am getting no signal showing for DVB-S channels. If I scan a satellite rather than using the default list all of these channels drop off. Is there a setting in the Vu+ that I have overlooked?

Does that mean you are getting signals for DVB-S2 transponders?
Have you set up your tuners?
Menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner configuration?

Can you please post more information, regarding your satellite dish setup, the image you'rew running, and what you've done so far.

I am getting signals from DVB-S2 Transponders. I am using Open Blackhole
System OE: 3.0
Distro: BlackHole
Firmware version: 2.1.7.0
Driver date: N/A
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-07-13-master

Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)

Only tuner A is connected to my motorised dish. I used Diseqc to position on the old Spiderbox not ever having mastered USALS (no need to when the old system just worked for me)

I have loaded the default service list for Hotbird but when I was getting no signal on DVB-S channels I carried out a manual re-scan deleting all the current channels. Only the DVB-S2 channels were found. I have tried to 'tune' using a known working DVB-S Transponder but no signal shows. I have now reloaded the default list to at least get the setting back on the box. If I go back to the old Spiderbox - all the channels are there.

Hope you can help Mick12334

I am getting signals from DVB-S2 Transponders. I am using Open Blackhole
System OE: 3.0
Distro: BlackHole
Firmware version: 2.1.7.0
Driver date: N/A
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-07-13-master

Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)

Only tuner A is connected to my motorised dish. I used Diseqc to position on the old Spiderbox not ever having mastered USALS (no need to when the old system just worked for me)

I have loaded the default service list for Hotbird but when I was getting no signal on DVB-S channels I carried out a manual re-scan deleting all the current channels. Only the DVB-S2 channels were found. I have tried to 'tune' using a known working DVB-S Transponder but no signal shows. I have now reloaded the default list to at least get the setting back on the box. If I go back to the old Spiderbox - all the channels are there.

Hope you can help Mick12334

Note: Just to let you know, if you are using Open Blackhole image 0.1, you can´t have in system information the details you said.

Firmware: not 2.1.7.

If it is the firmware version, so you can´t have OE 3.0, but OE 2.0.

best regards
nunigaia

Can you please confirm which image you're using, on your VU+ Duo?
Are you still using the original image or have you loaded Black Hole 2.1.7?
Can you also post some of the HD channels, you managed to scan in, along with their frequencies, and signal quality readings.

Last edited:
It would appear that the subject line I have used is incorrect as I am receiving some DVB-S channels. It is just certain transponders on Hotbird that are not showing. I would be surprised if it was a dish alignment problem as they were working perfectly on the old Spiderbox. Any thoughts?

I do not have the original firmware having re-flashed to Black Hole 2.1.7 using the zip file BlackHole-2.1.7-vuduo2_usb_release_20150707_c6f93e5.

I took all the above info from the web interface. Reading the 'about' display it reads:-
Firmware: BlackHole 2.1.7 .01
Build: 2015-07-13-master
DVB Drivers: 20150623
Kernel Version: 3.13.5

Signal strength on following transponders:-
11158V SNR 99%
11258H SNR 99%
11785H SNR 99%
11900H SNR 92%

Missing Transponders:-
11766V SNR 0% Not Locked
11747H SNR 0% Not Locked
11881V SNR 0% Not Locked
I have tried fine searching east and west using the missing transponders but there is just nothing doing.

BER is 0% on all - not sure what this means

Can you pleasae try the following:
Go into the Menu, Setup, System Searching, manual Scan.
Ensure you have the correct Tuner selected, and satellite, Hotbird 13E.
Change the System setting from DVB-S2 to DVB-S and enter:
Frequency 11747
polarization Horizontal
S/R (Symbol Rate) 27500
and try scanning.
Please report back with the results.

Back