Noob alert Ireland with sky+

Johnnyv

Vu+ Newbie
Hey folks
I am new to this and have a few questions/assumptions.
Please be patient :-)

My current setup.
I have sky+ in my front room.
The rf2 output is run via coax to a TV in the kitchen so we can watch the TV in the kitchen if required.

I was hoping to switch the sky+ box to a vu+ box with a 1tb HDD
I assume to be able to record tv and watch something else I need one with twin tuners (one feed plugged into each tuner)
Can anyone recommend a vu+ box (I think I need the VU+ Solo2)

This setup is nowhere near my home router
So is WiFi ok for this setup to keep the VU+ box connected to the internet (for reasons I wont get into) or would homeplugs be required.

The issue then becomes the tv in the kitchen
Doesn't look like the VU+ has an rf out & running more cables isn't an option so all I have is the existing coax.
I've heard you can get another VU+ box that would connect to main one in the front room (via wifi or homeplugs) and you can watch live TV via the main box.
Anyone any experience here? Features/Limitations etc

Any input / advise would be great!!!!!!!

Hey folks
I am new to this and have a few questions/assumptions.
Please be patient :)

My current setup.
I have sky+ in my front room.
The rf2 output is run via coax to a TV in the kitchen so we can watch the TV in the kitchen if required.

I was hoping to switch the sky+ box to a vu+ box with a 1tb HDD
I assume to be able to record tv and watch something else I need one with twin tuners (one feed plugged into each tuner)
Can anyone recommend a vu+ box (I think I need the VU+ Solo2)

This setup is nowhere near my home router
So is WiFi ok for this setup to keep the VU+ box connected to the internet (for reasons I wont get into) or would homeplugs be required.

The issue then becomes the tv in the kitchen
Doesn't look like the VU+ has an rf out & running more cables isn't an option so all I have is the existing coax.
I've heard you can get another VU+ box that would connect to main one in the front room (via wifi or homeplugs) and you can watch live TV via the main box.
Anyone any experience here? Features/Limitations etc

Any input / advise would be great!!!!!!!

You can use another Vu+ to get stream from thee main Vu+ box.
It's works good. I use this feature in my home.

Back