OE 2.2 fro vu+?

2wild2tame

Vu+ Newbie
Good Morning everyone.Really happy to be back

just got one question for the team: any idea about the development of o e 2.2 for vu+ ?

Thanks in advance

OE 2.2 is only number made by developers to have higer number from others.
If developer will be can he will be made in five minute O.E 4.5 becouse add some function or delete others and give him new name O.E 4.5

So, what about new features like animations and transitions of the DM 7080? Aren't them an exclusive of the new OE?

So, what about new features like animations and transitions of the DM 7080? Aren't them an exclusive of the new OE?

I'm stuck to repeat every time same things... OE VERSION IS A NUMBER! Some years ago the number has a sense, nowadays NO. If you look on the web there are almost 4 or 5 versions .... and it's a pity! Versions have sense when there is someone who maintain these versions.
Now EVERYONE can take an OE (OpenEmbedded) source tree and numberize OE v100 .... These versions aren't better than others with minor numbers ... they are ONLY NUMBERS... the very important thing is the content of recipes and sources inside them.
Take a look of beta XBMC images ... take a look on official Vu+ images for february .... take a look into GIT Server .... only these have relevance ... numbers are numbers .....

ok, angel, don't piss yourself off. but i think that every revision number means that some features are changed or added, right? Vu+ uses version 2.1, that, i repeat myself, i think that is a 2.0 with some features improved, right? So is 2.2, the main change is the .deb package system instead .ipk . So, i put my question in another way. Are the graphical changes that are running on new 7080 due to OE version whatever.2? Or it does nothing and we could add it on (for example) a black hole compiled with OE2.0? thanks

PS. Actually I don't have a Vu+ to try XMBC, but i will have it soon

ok, angel, don't piss yourself off. but i think that every revision number means that some features are changed or added, right? Vu+ uses version 2.1, that, i repeat myself, i think that is a 2.0 with some features improved, right? So is 2.2, the main change is the .deb package system instead .ipk . So, i put my question in another way. Are the graphical changes that are running on new 7080 due to OE version whatever.2? Or it does nothing and we could add it on (for example) a black hole compiled with OE2.0? thanks

PS. Actually I don't have a Vu+ to try XMBC, but i will have it soon
Your suppose is correct. Every revision should have some improovements ... Like you have read, DM has made these changes into 2.2 revision and Vu, instead, have took them into their 2.1.

Back