On screen display (OSD) problem on VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

When I press the menu button of my Vu+ sat receiver, bringing up the various menu options, it doesn't display them on my television. It doesn’t display during a fresh installation either, when loading OpenBh 5.1. The infobar isn’t displayed either.

Once OpenBh installed, I can watch any channel with no problem on the TV screen and I can switch channels with the remote. But I can only use OpenWebif or the little central display on the Vu+ to see the infobar information or the menu options.

In short, the TV displays the channels, but does not show the Vu+ additional information. This is my problem.

I have done many things:

• 3 Fresh install of OpenBh
  • Changing HDMI cable
  • Changing the TV
  • Changing the OSD settings (Menu > Settings -> User interface >OSD disposition > Chosen yes)
  • Changing the skin
I have no additional software installed on my sat tuner.

My hardware/software:

• VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition
  • TCL 98C735 - 4K QLED
  • OpenBh 5.1.2012
  • dreamboxEdit
I could not find information about this specific problem on the web (sob, why me?), any suggestions?

Attachments

• settings.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 5

Matrix10

Administrator
I see in your settings file that you put enabled Automatic resolution.
It's not deafult settings.
Default settings are without Automatic resolution or Disabled.
Of course, I don't know if this is the cause in combination with your TV
and maybe some other parameters for automatic resolution.

Once again, install a clean image without any changes Automatic resolution Disabled.
if even then you don't have OSD, then the problem is most likely the hardware in the box.

Mick12334

We have discussed this, on the other forum, you state that you have done a clean installation, 3 times, did you do as I asked?
Install the image, do not allow any backups, saved settings, when you get to that screen select No, do not install any plugins, or alter any default settings, especially the skin, just do a fresh installation, including downloading the image again, in case you've downloaded a corrupted file, ot it's become corrupted?
Please check the menu button immediately following installation, without adding anything else, including channels.
If you can confirm that you've already done this then we can rule out many things.
You could always try loading the official image, again without changing anything:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
I am sorry; I haven’t done much about these tests for days now as I have other priorities. I perfectly understand your concerns and I will follow your advice. Anyway I will keep you posted as soon as I re-install a new image.

I did a full channels scan (terrestrial and sat tuners) on my TV, just in case I have to return the sat box for some weeks for repair. This was easy and succeeded, but the TV user friendliness is not good.

What I can already tell you, is that the last time I did a new install of openbh days ago, after completion the setup automatically restarted the sat box. After this restart, there was nothing on the TV screen, but there was a difficult to read list of screen definitions to choose from (2160p, 1080p, 720p, 720i…) on the sat LCD screen. I didn’t think to press the menu button immediately at that time. Anyway no action on the remote seemed to have any effect and I finished the installation with openwebif.

I will definitely do a new install with another image (Vu+ official image), follow your advice and keep you posted. Of course I thank you for your time.

Mick12334

You shouldn't get anything on screen, after a fresh install, apart from the logo, as you haven't got your tuners set, or any channels installed. We just need to know if you get anything when you press the menu button.
From your postings, on OpenBh, I seem to recall that you can see the menu options, on your receivers screen, and on your PC, when using Openwebif.
Is that correct?

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
You shouldn't get anything on screen, after a fresh install, apart from the logo, as you haven't got your tuners set, or any channels installed. We just need to know if you get anything when you press the menu button.
From your postings, on OpenBh, I seem to recall that you can see the menu options, on your receivers screen, and on your PC, when using Openwebif.
Is that correct?
“I seem to recall that you can see the menu options, on your SAT receivers screen, and on your PC, when using Openwebif.” CORRECT
But of course, because the tuners are not set, I got no program. I am not sure, if I got a logo on the TV to be honest.

Have a nice day.

Mick12334

Have you had time to check anything yet?
When you have please post back, with an update, and more details, so that someone might help you resolve this problem.

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
When you have please post back, with an update, and more details, so that someone might help you resolve this problem.
I will definitely keep you informed here. You were and are seriously committed to my problem, so it’s the least I can do.
In the meantime, I had a serious problem with my NAS which had priority. To be honest, I was also a bit lazy and seriously fed up with anything electronic.

Have a nice day.

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mike

I tried today with the vu+ official image: vuplus-image-vuduo4kse-20221121160051_usb.zip
  • USB stick (FAT32) in + I power up the Vu+ with the sat box switch
  • TV displays vu+ image
  • The SAT screen displays: update press power
  • I press power
  • The set up runs
  • The sat box restarts
  • TV screen displays vu+ picture loading ….
  • SAT screen displays:” select your video port HDMI”
  • No buttons works on the remote, no ok button, no menu button, no exit button…
  • I try to connect with OpenWebIf: no response
  • Tried to use the buttons on the sat box: no response
  • The sat screen still displays “select your video port HDMI”, TV screen displays vu+ image loading ….
  • Removed the USB stick : same no response
  • Switch sat box off then on
  • TV screen displays vu+ image loading ….
  • The sat screen displays nothing
  • OpenWebIf: no response
End of the experience with official image, no reaction at all anymore from the box

I will try a bit later with openbh again. At least with openbh I could connect to my sat boy with OpenWebIf.

Have a nice day

Mick12334

It's strange that your remote didn't work, did you check the batteries?
You can attach a keyboard, using a USB port, on your receiver, if your remote has broken.

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
My batteries are ok, I could switch off the sat box with the remote, but it's the only thing that worked. Anyway I don't have a USB keyboard, I have only laptops.
The remote has always worked before this image, but without OSD the remote is mostly useless.
What's more the power button flickers when I use the remote.

Mick12334

It must be something corrupted, in the image, go back to openBh.
Please keep posting when you have more information.

jacsch

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Mick12334

I re-installed OpenBH
  • Downloaded again the last version of OpenBH 5.1 from https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.1/vuplus/vuduo4kse/
  • Ran the Setup
  • The Sat box restarted
  • OSD displayed on the Sat screen
  • No OSD displayed on the TV screen, TV screen displayed the image OpenBh 5.1 + Starting enigma 2 …all the time, sometimes flashing
  • But the button on the remote worked properly and I could continue the setup following the instructions on the Sat screen
  • Sat screen is difficult to read because parts of the instructions are outside the screen sometimes, so I switched to OpenWebIf to complete the setup
  • After setup completion the channel’s programs can be watched on the TV screen, the remote works, but still no OSD on the TV screen
  • Up to these point, I did not use tcp or dreamboxEdit, so the setup should be unadulterated
  • I think it’s back to square one, I already was at this point 2 weeks ago
There is something, I did not mention so far. The Sat box came with the official Vu+ image and I installed OpenBH. It worked fine for 2 to 3 month (OSD displayed on the TV screen). A few weeks ago, I did a restart (it wasn’t the first one); that’s when the OSD didn’t display anymore on the TV screen. You know the rest; after multiple re-installations the OSD never came back on the TV screen.

What do you think? Is time to give up and send the box to the after-sales service now?

Have a nice day.

Mick12334

I don't know why the tv picture is being displayed, via your HDMI cable, on your television, but not the On Screen Display. Usually I would blame the television/receiver resolutions, but you've tried 2 televisions, and different resolution, if I remember correctly.
I think you need to contact your supplier, so that they can find out the answer, from VU Plus, or check if anyone else, has experienced this problem.
The fact that you can see the menu options on your receivers display, and on your PC, using Openwebif, shows that it's working, so either it's an unusual hardware fault, or something in the image coding.
Have you tried openvix?
There is one thing, the fact that the On Screen Display is shown on top of your picture, an overlay, but this doesn't help me to work out why it's not displaying, especially during installation.

Mick12334

Openvix appears to be first with updates, that's all, and very similar to OpenBh. personally i prefer OpenBh, but I'm still using OpenBh 5.0, due to Kodi, which I use quite a bit, and openBh 5.1 has Kodi 20, which my favourite video addon doesn't currently work with.

Ev0

Admin
Not really sure what is going on with your box (and if i'm honest I don't have time to get too involved in trying to sort it out at the moment).

However the settings you posted have conflicting info in them.

I have removed it from the attached file.

Try in telnet:
Code:
init 2
killall -9 enigma2

Then ftp over the attached settings file (unzip it first) and send to /etc/enigma2 (overwrite the existing file).

Then in telnet again:

Code:
 reboot

Maybe nothing will change, but takes a few seconds to try it.

Attachments

• settings.zip
    784 bytes · Views: 7

zer4k4ever

Vu+ Newbie
I think we have this issu only when we use 4k résolution.
We i use 1080p resolution on my STB , i don't have this isu.

Other think , when i have this issu , i must unplug and replug the power cable