Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020.
The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost.
We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years.
You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.
Hi ,
I have just bought a new VU+UNO 4k SE it has no image.
How do I install Open blackhole 5 as my understabding is that I need to install it in 2 parts since the image is too big?
Do I have to do a firmware update on the new box first form offical VU+ site?
I guessing the install of the image is by downloading the lastest image and unzipped on usb route directory,
then insert the usb stick and turn on the reciver and wait till its says install compete then restart?
Your Uno4Kse has plenty of space so no problem with image size. That is for old Vu+ like Uno Solo Duo and so on.
To flash a new image you need an USB Memory Stick. No bigger then 8GB and USB 2.0 not 3.0
Do a quick format in Windows. Format as Fat32
Dowload the correct image and extract the zip file to your Usb memory Stick.
Importan that you unpack the zio file and not just copy the file you have downloaded.
There should be an folder named vuplus on your memory stick and not the zip file
I asked as my understanfing was that image is software/os and firmware is to do with hardware driver updates etc. However, you have confirmed now theres no requirement
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.