OpenWebif & OBH 5.0

Alfredix

Vu+ Newbie
I've just upgraded my Duo4K Se to OBH 5.0.009 and i'm trying to reach the box trough OpenWebif from my PC (with google chrome) but is not working.
i've installed all the plugin i've found for openwebif but is not working, i've lost/forgot somethings?

Mick12334

If you read the bottom, of the download page, you will read that you need to set a password, in your VU+ receiver, for some applications, like Filezilla, DreamboxEdit, DCC, (Dreambox Control Centre), VUCC, (VU+ Control Centre, etc.

This shouldn't apply to Openwebif, so most likely your receivers IP Address has changed, just check under Network, on your receiver, to confirm your receivers IP Address.

While there you can also set a password. Don't forget to save it, when exiting.
Once done put the password into the required utilities, instead of leaving the field blank.

If you still can't access Openwebif, after checking your receivers IP Address, please try a different browser, like firefox, and if it still fails check your security settings.

Alfredix

Vu+ Newbie
Mick12334 thanks for your promt reply but i've to tell you that i've set the password and maintained the same IP address as before, the problem, on my opinion, is not on my PC but is in the VU+ where seems no OpenWebif is installed.
Previously, in OBH 4.4 in the plugin menu, i had listed the OpenWebif and i was able to check the configuration parameter clicking on the icon.
In the current image 5.0.009 i don't see any OpenWebif plugin icon (in the plugin list under plugin menu), i'm thing that i don't have OpenWebif installed but i don't know of to be sure of that and if is true where find the OpenWebif plugin to install.

Alfredix

Vu+ Newbie
I've done another check .. under the directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions i don't have any OpenWebif directory (as i had on OBH 4.4) so i don't have OpenWebif on my OBH 5.0 . What i can do to install OpenWebif on OBH 5.0? Where i can find the right Plugin?

AlexWilMac

I confirm: after update, the same image has always been equipped by a password:
1) OWIF doesn't work because doesn't exist any longer! It's folder disappeared.
2) Lcd4linux doesn't any longer although its settings haven't changed.

I'm going to reinstall yesterday full backup.

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I’ve done some investigation and when using opkg install it says obenwebif is there but there’s no directory for it. I understand this is done in peoples spare time but could this be fixed quickly? Is there a workaround in the meantime? I find OpenWebIf incredibly useful!

Mick12334

I have no problem, accessing the media, hdd, movie folder, using filezilla, but this could be that I have the older duo2, mips, and not a ARM, 4K receiver.

OpenBh 5.0 is python 3, whereas Open Black Hole 4.4 is Python 2, so some things don't work.

When you mentioned Openwebif I assumed you meant accessing your receiver, from your PC, by just typing the IP address, into a browser.

If anyone has crash logs, when experiencing any problems, please upload them.

AlexWilMac

No crash log: OWIF is simply not there. It's not a related Python3 issue, because .008 has no problem about it.
I'm talking about Solo4K, the only box among my 3 equipped by 5.0.
The issue has already been noticed in the OpenBH forum and it seems it depends on PLi troubles.
https://board.openbh.net/threads/owif-disappeared-after-009-update.578/#post-1776

@gogglebox
The workaround is simple: using a fullbackup of .008
In OBH is very simple to schedule a periodical backup: I let it do everyday during the night.
Otherwise, before each update, is a good practise to perform a full backup because updates are always a delicate moment.

dpeddi

Administrator
these days on oe-alliance they are doing lot of changes to speed up enigma2. But some changes create some trouble on our running build.

We will provide you instruction to restore the box when the packages will be available

Mick12334

I have located several references to openwebif, the first being openwebif in the main plugin browser, on the second page, then various Openwebif 1.50 options in the downloaded plugins, including themes, -vxg, and -webtv.

gogglebox

Vu+ User
The references are there but there’s no folder in the extensions file and when you go to the IP address in the browser it doesn’t work!

gogglebox

Vu+ User
these days on oe-alliance they are doing lot of changes to speed up enigma2. But some changes create some trouble on our running build.

We will provide you instruction to restore the box when the packages will be available
Is there a possibility to rollback the update as version .10?

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I confirm: after update, the same image has always been equipped by a password:
1) OWIF doesn't work because doesn't exist any longer! It's folder disappeared.
2) Lcd4linux doesn't any longer although its settings haven't changed.

I'm going to reinstall yesterday full backup.

I just do not have any update available ... What seems to be good if there are problems!:grin:

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Can anyone confirm access to LCD4Linux by OpenWebif (1.5.0)?

I just do not have with OBH 5.0.009.

I already put the issue on board.OpenbH and still have not gotten response...

mmClLMj.png

AlexWilMac

I have L4L by OWIF 1.5.0 but I'm still on 5.0.008 because, even if the OWIF problem had been solved in .009, there weren't other issues in listing saved backups in the Image manager (former Backup menu).

AlexWilMac

No, if I'm not mistaken. But, consider that the "broken" .009 update hadn't so much time to spread, because it was fixed quite soon.
So, it's possible that nobody noticed.
Out of curiosity: about what I was saying above, in case you have full backups saved by the Image Manager, can you see its list?