Picon's on the LCD and on the Skins

Contact99

Vu+ User
I have been busy playing with the Duo2 and BH 2.1.6 and have it working very well except for the HbbTv problem I have which I'm waiting for vu-Plus to fix the issue driver wise so now I would like to fix the second last issue I have which is the Picon size on the skin's on the TV. Now the picon size in my LCD is correct size and it looks very good even on the earlier images but since we have gone to the later BH image the picon size on the skin seems to be around 25% of the size it should be.
Is there a setting in LCD4Linux that allows you to change the size of the picon in the skin compared to the size of the Picon on the duo2 or am I overlooking something.

Dodge03

Vu+ Newbie
Hiya mate, What size picons are you using ?
I might be wrong, but if you are using the new HD skins I think you have to use the 220x132 picons.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Hiya mate, What size picons are you using ?
I might be wrong, but if you are using the new HD skins I think you have to use the 220x132 picons.
Yes I'm using the default Skin on BH 2.1.6. I suppose that is one of the new HD Skins
The Picon size i'm using is width 100 by height 60. Doco size is width 1.042 height is 0.625.
Because most of our pickons from our part of the earth are hard to find I just downloaded them anywhere with very similar above spec's and changed them to 100x60.
question!
If I resize them to 220x132 or replace them and size them at 220x132 and they look good for the Skins on the TV won't they be then to big on the Duo2 LCD Display or am I missing something here that I don't understand.
Thanks

nunigaia

Yes I'm using the default Skin on BH 2.1.6. I suppose that is one of the new HD Skins
The Picon size i'm using is width 100 by height 60. Doco size is width 1.042 height is 0.625.
Because most of our pickons from our part of the earth are hard to find I just downloaded them anywhere with very similar above spec's and changed them to 100x60.
question!
If I resize them to 220x132 or replace them and size them at 220x132 and they look good for the Skins on the TV won't they be then to big on the Duo2 LCD Display or am I missing something here that I don't understand.
Thanks

On the LCD doesn´t matter the size of the picons, cause you can adapt the size of 220x132 to fits well on your LCD.

Example: This is my screenshot of LCD regarding L4L.

Sc1.png sc2.png Sc3.png sc4.png sc5.png sc6.png SC7.png SC8.png sc9.png

Best regards
nunigaia

NOTE:

If you resize 100x60 picons to 220x132 you will loose quality. So instead of this use 220x132 Halus61 transparent picons.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Is the below correct.
So if I find Higher res picture of a channel logo and downsize them to 220x132 and upload them to my duo2 usb for my picons the higher res picon will become larger in the skin on the TV which will look ok and not grainy as it came from a higher res source and at the same time it will become larger on my LCD on the duo2 which will over run over the top of all my own designed tightly fitted options in my LCD screen on the duo2. Your above LCD How does this set work? are they shown one at a time (rotating). I must be missing something in my old age
What I will do Is take a picture of my LCD and put it on the forum tomorrow.

nunigaia

Is the below correct.
So if I find Higher res picture of a channel logo and downsize them to 220x132 and upload them to my duo2 usb for my picons the higher res picon will become larger in the skin on the TV which will look ok and not grainy as it came from a higher res source and at the same time it will become larger on my LCD on the duo2 which will over run over the top of all my own designed tightly fitted options in my LCD screen on the duo2. Your above LCD How does this set work? are they shown one at a time (rotating). I must be missing something in my old age
What I will do Is take a picture of my LCD and put it on the forum tomorrow.

They are my 9 screens combination possible to display on Duo2 LCD - They show one a time --> a give to each other 5 seconds to change to another.

If you want to test tomorrow i´ll post this lcd4config file for you to test.

You can adapt this at your convenience and like,

see you
time to sleep

Contact99

Vu+ User
They are my 9 screens combination possible to display on Duo2 LCD - They show one a time --> a give to each other 5 seconds to change to another.

If you want to test tomorrow i´ll post this lcd4config file for you to test.

You can adapt this at your convenience and like,

see you
time to sleep

Yes thanks for that. It will give me a fair idea what to do to suit our Region.

Here is a Picture of my lcd4linux

DSC01164_zps00umnoty.jpg

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes thanks for that. It will give me a fair idea what to do to suit our Region.

Here is a Picture of my lcd4linux

Today I spent hours downloading Logo's of all our TV station and the ones I downloaded were all slighter bigger size than 220x 132 for the HD skins so what I did was Photoshop them to a neat 220x132 size but What it noticed is although all of these downloads for Picons that were sized at 220x132 there files sizes were anything from 5Kb to 45Kb. Now after doing this I noticed any file larger say around 9 or 10 Kb once uploaded to the duo2 the duo2 on the tv skins would not show anything for a picon but at the same time these larger files say around 11 to 28Kb would be ok showing themselves on the Duo2 LCD. Yes they were all saved and checked as a PNG file.
Whats the go guys? is there a files size limit that the duo2 can accept for the Skins or is there a setting that I don't know in LCD4linux that I don't know about. If the latter is correct can someone please guide me to the setting to bump up the file size limit for the skins and if this is not the case can I have some guidance on what I have to. By the way all picons around 10 of them under say 9Kb look good on the duo2 with there size of 220x132 The size I had before of 100x60 was virtually not visible from 3 M away.

Contact99

Vu+ User
There is probably a problem in the PNGs' color depth: are your picons at 32 bit?
I'm using a site that allows you to convert the png file to over have its file size but at the same time it keeps the picon the correct size
There is probably a problem in the PNGs' color depth: are your picons at 32 bit?
Yes they were in 32bit, used an online app to covert PNG to mini PNG which reduces the file size more than half but mainly converts the 32bit to 8bit. The file size was not the problem it was the 32bit that pissed off the Duo2 LCD screen.
All my FTA Terrestrial channels are done (About 40 of them) all I have to do now is do the preferred Sat channels.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
32 bit images are apparently not supported, 24 bit are fine, 8 bit have a too limited color palette.
Or maybe do you mean 8 bit = 8 bits per color -> 8x3 -> 24 bit?

Favorites bouquets are necessary to store preferred channels, but here we would go off the topic.;)

nunigaia

I'm using a site that allows you to convert the png file to over have its file size but at the same time it keeps the picon the correct size

Yes they were in 32bit, used an online app to covert PNG to mini PNG which reduces the file size more than half but mainly converts the 32bit to 8bit. The file size was not the problem it was the 32bit that pissed off the Duo2 LCD screen.
All my FTA Terrestrial channels are done (About 40 of them) all I have to do now is do the preferred Sat channels.

What Sat positions do you have?

You can found here, already done, for almost SAT Positions:

http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...lack-hole-team-only.19655/page-12#post-170347

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
32 bit images are apparently not supported, 24 bit are fine, 8 bit have a too limited color palette.
Or maybe do you mean 8 bit = 8 bits per color -> 8x3 -> 24 bit?

Favorites bouquets are necessary to store preferred channels, but here we would go off the topic.;)
Yes correct. Lots of us get sucked in with the same confusion with blu-ray disk being only 8bit but Times RGB= 24Bit Except the Expanded color disk which are in 10 bit.
Back on Topic. I will have to write that down because I made the same mistake 12 months ago trying to use 32 bit images for picons. "So for anyone reading this thread please use only 24 bit or as a second choice 8 bit images for your picons".

Contact99

Vu+ User
What Sat positions do you have?
As for sat Positions. My duo2 has over 20 Sats programed into it via the use of DISEqC 1.1 and DISEqC 1.2 I'm looking at most Sats from 91 Deg East to 180 Degrees East. I have a collection of 10 dishes to feed my hungry duo2. All Ku dishes use DISEqC 1.1 and Cband the Motorised dish uses DISEqC 1.2.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes guys because I'm located at the other side and bottom of the Earth It make it a lot harder to get picons so its a practice for me of making my own which I did for all the 100X60 ones . Luckily I have been able to get many (100X60) from your most commonly used sats but for local stuff its Google and find Images to use. Now I have to do all picons over again for 220X132 I have completed all the Local stuff for 220X132 and it will take days on and off finding the rest and doing what I have to for the duo2.

nunigaia

As for sat Positions. My duo2 has over 20 Sats programed into it via the use of DISEqC 1.1 and DISEqC 1.2 I'm looking at most Sats from 91 Deg East to 180 Degrees East. I have a collection of 10 dishes to feed my hungry duo2. All Ku dishes use DISEqC 1.1 and Cband the Motorised dish uses DISEqC 1.2.

Do you have, or did you know, any tools to import picons from lyngsat?

Contact99

Vu+ User
Do you have, or did you know, any tools to import picons from lyngsat?
I have imported a lot of picons from Lyngsat an other but the biggest issue is I'm must not forget to change any 32bit picons to 24 before trying to send them to the duo2. As for tools is there a program that allows you to check your picon and if you find them as 32bit you can change them to 24 or 8bit for the duo2

Contact99

Vu+ User
I have imported a lot of picons from Lyngsat an other but the biggest issue is I'm must not forget to change any 32bit picons to 24 before trying to send them to the duo2. As for tools is there a program that allows you to check your picon and if you find them as 32bit you can change them to 24 or 8bit for the duo2

I have just noticed that In Adobe Photoshop I can change the color depth from 32bit to 16 and 8bit. It doesn't have 24 bit