Picture in Picture on VU+ Uno4k (Black Hole)?

Hi folks,

I have a question: I have a VU+ Uno4k with latest BH installed. As many of you do not want to choose which 2018 World Cup game to watch, I tried to activate PiP with the long press blue button.

However my system told me that I do not have another tumer.

I am now far from my device, but from OpenWebIf I see (I do not know if this is at all helpful):

Code:
Tuner A    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner C    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner D    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner E    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner F    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner E   Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)
Tuner H    Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45208 FBC) (DVB-S2)

Is that something I can do? How to do so?

Thanks!

Owif cannot tell how exactly you configured your tuner. Imagine, for example, you have a SCR LNB but you did not configure its "channels", you'll have only one tuner.
You must provide us with the REAL tuner configuration with the overall situation and then the details of each tuner, as of my examples attached.

Attachments

• Tuner-generale.jpg
    Tuner-generale.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 15
  • TunerA.jpg
    TunerA.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi Alexwilmac,

Yesterday I quickly took this picture. I have one single LNB, but if I understand correctly there is a built-in jumper in the Vu+ Uno4k to make as if there were two cables (i.e. two LNB). Am I right?

What else should I check and configure?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20180628_235533.jpg
    IMG_20180628_235533.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 13
1) If Uno4K has same tuners of Solo4K probably you don't need to set the Tuner B "In cascata": leave it NON configurato, but here I can't be sure because I've always had either LNBs with 2 outputs (and then I set the tuners as "Uguale a") or, now, also SCR LNBs.
2) So, now we have to know which kind of LNB you own, weather Universal or SCR.
3a) In case, if your LNB is Universal but it has got 2 outs, you can connect its 2 outputs to each tuner (but you'd obviously need 2 cables).
3b) If, instead, your LNB is a SCR one, you should tell us which one, exactly, and show the detailed configuration ("inside" Tuner A setup).

Thanks a lot again Alexwilmac!

I definitely have only one cable going out from the LNB and in the decoder.

I will check in the Tuner A setup to tell exactly which model is.

You don't need a phootocamera to take screenshots ;)
xxx.yyy.www.zzz/grab
where xxx.yyy.www.zzz is obviuosly your box IP.
Enter the TunerA setup and grab.
But, ALSO, tell us what kind of LNB you own, Universal or SCR.

Wow, that's actually handy, I did'n know it, thanks :-D

So, I grabbed some information, but maybe something is missing as I do not know where to find them (kindly guide me through the system as I am not used to it yet).

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    114.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    73.9 KB · Views: 10
The kind of LNB is not reported by the image: you must know it by yourself.
The screen you have to grab is INSIDE: got to Tuner A and press OK. Then grab it.

B ut one thing is sure: if you've got an SCR Lnb, as you chose the Configurazione semplice, you can't take advantage of it.
A SCR Lnb has got (at least) 4 channels: so it works like you had 4 LNBs.

Sorry, can you please give me the full path/instructions to do so? :oops:

How can I check what kind of LNB is? Can I read it somewhere?

Thanks a lot for your guidance

Sorry, can you please give me the full path/instructions to do so? :oops:

Actually, is not really needed at this stage because, as I said, if you had an SCR, as you configured your tuner as SEMPLICE, there is no way to use it as SCR but you are using as a normal LNB Universale, that means as a single LNB.

How can I check what kind of LNB is? Can I read it somewhere?

Unfortunately, as I said, there is no way to have this info from the box or the image. Is the satellite dish yours or is the building one?

Thanks a lot for your guidance

I checked and I have very basic ALPS Universal LNB BSTE8-751B which costs around 10 euro. :)

So I presume that I cannot do PiP with that right?

What would be the advantage of changing LNB and which one would you suggest to me (considering I have a single cable and a fixed dish)?

Back