Please help, Service not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc45bob

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I'm new to this box, the Vu solo2. Keep getting this message - Service not found! (Sid not found in PAT) and also - Tune failed. Can anyone help, I've tried reboot, I've turned my Reuter off for a while but no difference. Like I said I'm new to this and not the most technical of people so if you can help please do.

Hi I'm new to this box, the Vu solo2. Keep getting this message - Service not found! (Sid not found in PAT) and also - Tune failed. Can anyone help, I've tried reboot, I've turned my Reuter off for a while but no difference. Like I said I'm new to this and not the most technical of people so if you can help please do.

Probably incorrectly adjusted antenna installation.

What is the signal on those channels if it has at all ?

Hi Matrix10 thanks for replying, how would I find the signal?? Sorry I haven't got a clue!! All I know is they were there and now there not.

As mentioned channels do change, so need to be re-scanned in.
I have a feeling that you have a fixed dish on Astra 2, 28.2E, as I have read of some channels changing FEC and needing to be re-scanned in, but equally you could be on another satellite.
Can you please post some of the FTA, Free to Air, channels that you're currently receiving, for example, BBC 1, Channel 4, or others, where you can see the channel logo.
It also seems strange that you would be using a VU+ Solo 2 without even knowing how to scan in channels, as this is a complex receiver. Do I take it the receiver was set up for you, by your supplier?
Just in case perhaps you should read the forum rules, just to be on the safe side:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

Hi Matrix10 thanks for replying, how would I find the signal?? Sorry I haven't got a clue!! All I know is they were there and now there not.

Scan will find signals on a given satellite.
The goal is to find channels on a given satellite
This will also correct channel changes on this satellite .

The FTA channels are working perfect it's when you go further afield their all hit and miss and the one particular channel which says tune failed would be one which I would watch lots of superbike racing on without mentioning any names. The box came all tuned in, the guy just plugged it in and it worked, I honestly didn't know it was so complex, all I asked for was a box that you could record on and this is what I've got. Is it difficult to scan the channels, is there a way I can find out from the box which server I'm on. The dish was the existing dish would I benefit from a mechanical dish?

That's where the help will end mate.There is no talk allowed on channels that are "further afield" as you put it.On a plus side the box you have is a great bit of gear if you fancy reading up on adding stuff to it.I have had the same box for about 18 mths now and there are Addons that can enable you to watch all the latest movies/TV shows as well as live sports if you look around

I would love to use it to its full potential I just don't know where to start! Any advice you can give (within the rules) would be greatly appreciated

The FTA channels are working perfect it's when you go further afield their all hit and miss and the one particular channel which says tune failed would be one which I would watch lots of superbike racing on without mentioning any names. The box came all tuned in, the guy just plugged it in and it worked, I honestly didn't know it was so complex, all I asked for was a box that you could record on and this is what I've got. Is it difficult to scan the channels, is there a way I can find out from the box which server I'm on. The dish was the existing dish would I benefit from a mechanical dish?
"Which server I'm on".... I think you have not read our Board rules... so you have 1 week to read them carefully.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back