Please migrate to Obh

Shiro

BH-C
Dear users.

As you know the Vu+ git is dead.

BlackHole image is based on Vu+ git and therefore cannot be updated.

Soon it will no longer be compatible with all plugins due to Py3.

It is time for all bh users to migrate to Obh, as it is updated and has many more implementations.

To facilitate the migration we have added to Obh all the major Bh features.

Now Obh has the bh-style default skin, FCC, Autocam and bh-style system info.

So please @all bh users, give Obh a try.
Install Obh from: https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.0/vuplus

autocam.jpg

screenshot.jpg

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Dear users.

As you know the Vu+ git is dead.

BlackHole image is based on Vu+ git and therefore cannot be updated.

Soon it will no longer be compatible with all plugins due to Py3.

It is time for all bh users to migrate to Obh, as it is updated and has many more implementations.

To facilitate the migration we have added to Obh all the major Bh features.

Now Obh has the bh-style default skin, FCC, Autocam and bh-style system info.

So please @all bh users, give Obh a try.
Install Obh from: https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.0/vuplus

View attachment 51553

View attachment 51554

"To facilitate the migration we have added to Obh all the major Bh features."
I am on OBH 4.4.023 and cannot get subtitles (.srt file with same name as video) to work. In Black Hole image it was easy ==>> Yellow button twice. In OBH I cannot find s similar way to do it.
Will OBH 5 have an "easy" way of using subtitles?

I am using vuSolo4K

Last edited:

Shiro

BH-C
"To facilitate the migration we have added to Obh all the major Bh features."
I am on OBH 4.4.023 and cannot get subtitles (.srt file with same name as video) to work. In Black Hole image it was easy ==>> Yellow button twice. In OBH I cannot find s similar way to do it.
Will OBH 5 have an "easy" way of using subtitles?

I am using vuSolo4K

In all OBH you have to click yellow and then up/down -> subtitle selection

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
In all OBH you have to click yellow and then up/down -> subtitle selection
Perhaps I have changed something, but as you can see below:
The video files and the .srt file:
upload_2022-3-5_16-41-53.png

And when the video is playing, I use the yellow button and get:

upload_2022-3-5_16-43-10.png

There is no reference to subtitles. The up/down arrows only change the AC3/MPEG audio selection.
Using the Menu button gets me to "Automatic Language" setup panel, which does not give me a way to start the subtitles.

Am I not seeing something? The player I use is the standard one.

Attachments

• upload_2022-3-5_16-42-54.png
    upload_2022-3-5_16-42-54.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 11

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
What player do you use? Is that if it is what is in the image, you must assume the SRT without having to do anything.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
What player do you use? Is that if it is what is in the image, you must assume the SRT without having to do anything.

The player is the standard one, not player2 (?). Even on the BH image, you had to select the SRT subtitle file before subtitles would show. So I don't understand when you say that I don't have to do anything. Without doing anything, I do not get subtitles.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Sorry, forgot to mention those. They act the same as the up/down arrows.
That's weird, but here's an easy way to show subtitles for you:
Menu - Setup - User Interface - Button setup - (Here select an unused button to assign the subtitle function) - Infobar - Show subtitle selection
Save with green button.

Edit: You're right, left/right arrows don't work as expected. Since I'm on openATV, I had to switch back to OpenBH to check it, that should be fixed.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
In my hdd the movies are in mp4 format being that the name of the movie and the srt are identical... now this has a different format (I think it is ts) and more than a designation for the same movie...can be this is the problem.

pLYvB14.png

Here is what happens is that when you select a movie, existing the SRT, this is immediately assumed (embedded):

MXvXAhV.png

The RCU key to access subtitles is the left key of the AV key.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
In my hdd the movies are in mp4 format being that the name of the movie and the srt are identical... now this has a different format (I think it is ts) and more than a designation for the same movie...can be this is the problem.

pLYvB14.png

Here is what happens is that when you select a movie, existing the SRT, this is immediately assumed (embedded):

MXvXAhV.png

When I download a TV video, it is always in .ts format.
When I copy a video from my PC to the VU+, I always do it in .MP4 format
In both cases - using blackhole image and not OBH - the subtitles worked normally.

So I don't think it has anything to do with .ts or .mp4 format.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie

pLYvB14.png

MXvXAhV.png

In both cases - using blackhole image and not OBH - the subtitles worked normally.

That's weird, but here's an easy way to show subtitles for you:
Menu - Setup - User Interface - Button setup - (Here select an unused button to assign the subtitle function) - Infobar - Show subtitle selection
Save with green button.

Edit: You're right, left/right arrows don't work as expected. Since I'm on openATV, I had to switch back to OpenBH to check it, that should be fixed.
I tried your suggestion, but to my surprise I could not associate a key to the Show subtitle selection. I tried 4 times! I think something is wrong in my OBH 4.4 install. I am going to install OBH 5 today to see if that clears things up.

Thanks for all your help. I will let you know what happens under OBH 5.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User

When you download TV video is not a recording? In this video if there are subtitles stay in the recording...

Now MP4 video accompanied with SRT, recorded on HDD, here the caption appears.

Blaze

Vu+ Newbie
So dose this mean black hole image will not be updated again I use a vu ultimo and I find the black hole image is a very positive image to use thank u vert much blaze

Ev0

Admin
So dose this mean black hole image will not be updated again I use a vu ultimo and I find the black hole image is a very positive image to use thank u vert much blaze
Yes it means there will be no more updates for BH