Plugin to share recorded media / tuner

fredphoesh

Vu+ Newbie
Hello guys,

So... I now have a solo2 and a zero, and they are on two different physical satellite dishes.

I would like to be able to do PIP/record and play different channels, and I have done some reading... it seems Remote Channel Stream Converter and Partner Box can do some/all of this.

Is that true, if so, which do you recommend?

Thanks!
Fred.

Hello guys,

So... I now have a solo2 and a zero, and they are on two different physical satellite dishes.

I would like to be able to do PIP/record and play different channels, and I have done some reading... it seems Remote Channel Stream Converter and Partner Box can do some/all of this.

Is that true, if so, which do you recommend?

Thanks!
Fred.
Remote channel stream converter

Remote channel stream converter

Hi, yeah, thanks, I have installed that, and it works pretty well, though does freeze a lot... but also I don't see a way to use Remote Channel Stream Converter to watch recordings on another box, only to be able to use the tuner of another box... how do you get to see the movies on each of the boxes from the other?

tx
Fred

Hi, yeah, thanks, I have installed that, and it works pretty well, though does freeze a lot... but also I don't see a way to use Remote Channel Stream Converter to watch recordings on another box, only to be able to use the tuner of another box... how do you get to see the movies on each of the boxes from the other?

tx
Fred

Give a try to dlna server and dlna client. --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-stream-vu-vu-tuner-through-dlna.4787/

best regards
nunigaia

Hi Nunigaia, thanks for the response.
I see this dlna solution streams a channel, but I don't see that it enables you to access Recorded video files from the host system. My Solo2 has a HD and I want to be able to watch the recordings on my Zero. BTW I don't have Black Hole, but that shouldn't matter too much.

tx
Fred

Take a look at this screen shot of my DUO2...
With this settings i can handle video files from my Duo2 internal HDD into my SONY Bravia.

SS_1.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

Hi,
Thanks... I tried something LIKE that using the Mount AUTOFS, (see the photos attached) 20151029_151509.jpg 20151029_151434.jpg
but I was just guessing what to do... and it gave me an error, the path was very odd, it had my lounge VU box name in the path... not idea why, obviously I was completely off track.

I will try what you did, though I am confused what the Bravia TV has to do with it, do you have two VU boxes, or...?

Tx
Fred.

Last edited:
I see the plugin used in your solution was something called Mediatomb, and it comes with black hole, not openvix... but I see it in the addons folder, so I will add it and give it a go,
thanks,
Fred.

Back