Problem:How do I install a new image?!

ssaaeedd

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

How do I install a new image?!
BH-1.7.6 is my current image.
To set this image,I've attached the USB flash memory containing the image to VU+Uno.
I pressed the -CH button and the image was installed.
But to install the new image(BH-1.7.8),-CH button is not shown and the previous image is loading!
Where is the problem?(Please!)

Thanks

Mito

Administrator
If you have an usb stick connected to the rear ports, try to disconnect it before to install the new image.

a911

The BH Lover
Hello

How do I install a new image?!
BH-1.7.6 is my current image.
To set this image,I've attached the USB flash memory containing the image to VU+Uno.
I pressed the -CH button and the image was installed.
But to install the new image(BH-1.7.8),-CH button is not shown and the previous image is loading!
Where is the problem?(Please!)

Thanks

How to upgrade the Vu+ Duo BH image via USB

1-Save the image on the PC (USB version)
2-Unzip files
3-Format USB flash drive with the file system FAT,or FAT32
4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/ (write the type of STB U have : duo,,uno..ultim,,etc)
5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/Vuplus/(write the type of STB U have : Duo,, Uno..ultimo,,etc)!
6-Power off VU+ STB
7-Remove all USB devices from the box
8-Plug-in the USB Stick into Vu+ Box
9-Turn on the VU+ STB
10-Firmware Update will start automatically
11-Wait for the VFD to display "Finished ... please reboot"
12-Unplug the USB Stick from the box
13 Power off the VU+ STB , and restart it again
14-Wait for Image to Reboot

Then follow instruction on the TV screen!
Have Fun w/BHImages

ssaaeedd

Vu+ Newbie

2-Unzip files
4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/duo
5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/vuplus/duo
6-Power off VU+ STB
9-Turn on the VU+ STB

Have Fun w/BHImages

Thank you for your attention
I think that the problem was of USB memory format.

With your help, the problem was fixed

richie

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I have read through these posts and have become unstuck I am trying to flash the most up to date bh image from my existing image open pli everything seems to have worked apart from I have waited for around half an hour and the stb's display still displays starting I have repeated the process three times any surggetions I bet it is a easy 1.
thanks

bogdanm

Hi I have read through these posts and have become unstuck I am trying to flash the most up to date bh image from my existing image open pli everything seems to have worked apart from I have waited for around half an hour and the stb's display still displays starting I have repeated the process three times any surggetions I bet it is a easy 1.
thanks
You made this whot write a911 in last post ? If yes all mast work.

2-Unzip files
4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/ (write the type of STB U have : duo,,uno..ultim,,etc)
5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/Vuplus/(write the type of STB U have : Duo,, Uno..ultimo,,etc)!
6-Power off VU+ STB
9-Turn on the VU+ STB

Have Fun w/BHImages

erika

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,in my option i unziping files from PC(usb version) direct to usb without creating any directores,and later ....option 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14

Hi,in my option i unziping files from PC(usb version) direct to usb without creating any directores,and later ....option 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
you need to press ch- on your stb (not remote control) when it will ask you to do so

erika

Vu+ Newbie
you need to press ch- on your stb (not remote control) when it will ask you to do so
Yes,yes ,i understand this:yes: , just i write how i flashing my new image(working wery good) because for me not working option ..4,5 above and some people have the same problem .

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
I had a problem also after moving to BH 2.0.1 as my Uno would not detect a new image anymore at boot time.
This happened after running into a 100% flash condition.
I used the same USB drive that was used many times before. It simply was not detected this despite the light on it showing clearly activity during a boot. Tried many other USB drives but without any succes.

Finally installed Meoboot to be able to run new images that way. The installation was in fact very scary as at installation time Meoboot warns "don't interrupt and don't power off the box, it will re-boot automatically". This re-boot did not happen though, waited over an hour and finally pulled the damned plug. It next rebooted with Meoboot active and working normally.

As Meoboot changes the actual booting process on the image in flash, decided to try again a normal flash upgrade via the documented procedure. Guess what it now worked again without a hitch. Obviously Meoboot was gone as the consequence. My educated guess is that a 100% flash condition can cause this as a side effect.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
The Meoboot not re-booting automatically problem is probably due to the fact that I did not put a small Fat32 partition on my USB Stick first. It just had 2 partions with /media/usb/ and /universe mounts both in EXT3 format. Read that you need that 3-rd partition too. I could not find the purpose of the FAT32 and how it is being used.

a911

The BH Lover
The Meoboot not re-booting automatically problem is probably due to the fact that I did not put a small Fat32 partition on my USB Stick first. It just had 2 partions with /media/usb/ and /universe mounts both in EXT3 format. Read that you need that 3-rd partition too. I could not find the purpose of the FAT32 and how it is being used.

Am not sure , but I think there is a issue with Meoboot, nothing to do with USB or formatting!