Problem programming Remote Control

ahegazi

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,
I lost my Solo2 remote control which was programmed file to work with my smart TV. I just bought a replacement and followed the same programming steps (1+3, 0000, the press mute). When the TV mutes, I stop and test Vol + Vol - no response. Then after existing "test mode" Vol + and Vol - in STB don't work, unless I reset the remote control.

Any help?

Attachments

• Solo2 RC.jpg
    Solo2 RC.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3

AlexWilMac

because there isn't only one possibility. It's possible that your TV mutes or it's turned off but the volume keys are not operational. In this case you have to continue the process. I paste here part of the manual:

1. TV setting
Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>
1. Press number 1and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.
- If you press “0000”, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)
4. If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
5. Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
6. If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode.

The last point says "IF the volume buttons are operational". If not, you can't escape from the set-up mode but you need to go on.

ahegazi

Vu+ Newbie
I finally got it to work. My issue was when the TV is muted, the V+/V- don't work either on TV or STB. I don't use TV sound as I have a home theater, so it was important to have V+/V- working for STB. I found the attached steps in manual and now everything is OK. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-20 173118.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-20 173118.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 12

AlexWilMac

Yes, from your first post it seemed clear you needed to control your TV volume, not your STB... ;)
The two needs (control the TV volume or control the STB one) have different procedures.