Problem with tuner DVB-T Usb

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Hello fellow!
I commented my problem with my tuner DVB-T and VU + Solo2.
The tuner specifically is the "PlayTV" I think the driver is using div0700. The hardware is the same as the "Win Hauppage Nova TD"
It is double tuner and has always worked well in Vu + DUO VU + SOLO VU + ULTIMO, and continues to do well in those decos.
But in the VU + SOLO2 I have a problem. Is that when I use the PIP (using both the PlayTV tuners), I always pixelated screen every 5 or 6 seconds. The main screen is perfect, but the little pixelated constantly with PIP. I happened to v.1.7.9 and now with 2.0.0.

The strong signal is abaut 90% in all channels.

You mind taking a look companions?

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings from Spain!

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Hello again.

I did a test. I put two DVB-T tuners and compables different in version 2.0.0 in the Vu + solo2 and I feel the same as with the dual PlayTV tuner: the main image is perfect, but the little pixelated with PIP constatemente having 90% of antenna signal.
In the Duo, and last is just perfect, just a problem with the Solo2.

Greetings!

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Well, I did another test (with the ne BH 2.0.1), with only one DVB-T tuner. If I use this tunes in main image is perfect, but if I use the tuner in PIP, and a satellite channel in main screen, again has little pixelated with PIP. It happend with all DVB-T tuners. The bug is in all BH images for Vu+Solo2.
I must to say, that when I use PIP with a satellite channel all works perfect.

Greetings!

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Hi mate!

Thanks for your answer.
Transcoding same times are on and another times are off and always the problem is there.
Another thing, the problem happend with all usb DVB-T tuners (I probe with three different models with the same result). When you put a PIP channel with a usb DVB-T tuner wait a few and you can see the problem.
This happend with all vu+solo2 images (from 1.7.9 to 2.0.1).

Regards from Spain!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I tried yesterday with Solo2 BH 2.0.1 rev. A, DVB-T stick Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-HD on separate USB input without any pixeling problems (signal strenght 60%).

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
I tried yesterday with Solo2 BH 2.0.1 rev. A, DVB-T stick Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-HD on separate USB input without any pixeling problems (signal strenght 60%).

The problem isn´t with the main screen. I have a signal strenght 90% and when I used a PIP channel with any usb DVB-T tuner has little pixelated. (I probe with three different models with the same result).
A friend with another usb DVB-T has the same problem with blackhole 2.0.1a.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I tried in this way: DVB-T on main screen > PIP > DVB-S2 on main screen so DVB-T went to small screen - no pixeling (10 minutes of testing), next I tried in opposite way (DVB-S2 in small screen with the same result).
If is your DVB-T on hub, attach it directly to USB slot.
My TV is FullHD, resolution 1080p multi, BH default skin.

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
When a I put a small screen (PIP) with DVB-S2 I have no problem. The problem is only with a small screen (PIP) while using a DVB-T tuner (I probe with three different models with the same result). I probe with two tv (LCD and Plasma 1080p), and with a proyector 1080p. Always with identic result. I don´t use hub, I conected usb directed to vu+solo2 box.
A friend with another usb DVB-T has the same problem with blackhole 2.0.1a. Isn´t a personal problem, is a image (or drivers) problem.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Now I don't understand anymore, I tried with fresh BH 2.0.1A image, without any plugins added after install.
I did the test in same way like you did, main screen DVB-S2 and little PIP screen DVB-T. I can confirm to you, that I didn't find any pixelating.
Could you try with offical image 1.6 and 2.1?

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Now I don't understand anymore, I tried with fresh BH 2.0.1A image, without any plugins added after install.
I did the test in same way like you did, main screen DVB-S2 and little PIP screen DVB-T. I can confirm to you, that I didn't find any pixelating.
Could you try with offical image 1.6 and 2.1?

Please, wait an hour and said me if all it´s ok.
I´m sure that in an hour you will have a pixelated PIP screen.

Regards!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'll try again this evening, but for an hour? You wrote at beginning "every 5 or 6 seconds", that's why I didn't try for more than 10 minutes.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I tried, I'm sorry but you were right, but not completely. There is more problems. Watching DVB-T after 30 minutes the picture (without PIP, only DVB-T free channel) went frozen, I was only able to hear the sound of the channel. Changing the channel evrything turned OK for a while (20 minutes).
About the PIP: when you make PIP with the same DVB-T channel, there is pixeling of both images (small and regular), and the small one is not regulary delayed from main about 2 to 7 seconds until both arrive to be unwatchable.
Seems, that Solo2 is coming to be pretty s****y box.

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
I tried, I'm sorry but you were right, but not completely. There is more problems. Watching DVB-T after 30 minutes the picture (without PIP, only DVB-T free channel) went frozen, I was only able to hear the sound of the channel. Changing the channel evrything turned OK for a while (20 minutes).
About the PIP: when you make PIP with the same DVB-T channel, there is pixeling of both images (small and regular), and the small one is not regulary delayed from main about 2 to 7 seconds until both arrive to be unwatchable.
Seems, that Solo2 is coming to be pretty s****y box.

Hope someone blackhole team read this post and comment something about it.

Thanks for your testing mate.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I have to check with original 1.6 (also some older version) this evening, because yesterday I wanted to try with original 2.1 but my WinTV-NOVA found ZERO DVB-T channels instead of about 300 (signal strenght 60%) with BH 2.0.1 ver. A.
I'd like to try older dib0700 and Solo2 drivers, hope I'll found a problem.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Sorry for delay, but I'm going crazy with Auto/Manual channel search. None of my images (BH 2.0.1, VTI 5.1.0, OpenPLi 3.0, Vu+ 1.6, Vu+ 2.0) is able to find channels now. I didn't make an backup of my channel list with DVB-T :chair: , so will be longer.