Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020.
The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost.
We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years.
You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.
I have VU+ Solo and I am new to all this... I just bought my system last August.. I had BH 1.7.9 and decided to upgrade to 2.0.8, I followed all instructions correctly and I used a pen drive to do the upgrade and I waited till the LED started to flash in green.
I removed the pen drive and restarted the receiver... all I saw was a black screen and I could see nothing!!! tried to use BH 2.0.7 but the same happened!!! the problem is I did not take a backup of my old BH....
I took the image from a friend of mine who used it on his similar receiver..
Thank you for the reply, I just followed the steps to update the bootlader and tried the image of the BH again but the same problem.. al I am getting is a black screen!!! could there be something else that I have to do?
Thank you for the reply, I just followed the steps to update the bootlader and tried the image of the BH again but the same problem.. al I am getting is a black screen!!! could there be something else that I have to do?
I put back the image that I used to have previously and it worked perfectly.. that is what drives me crazy... why only that image work on the receiver?
I put back the image that I used to have previously and it worked perfectly.. that is what drives me crazy... why only that image work on the receiver?
To be sure
Download image again.
Put it on another USB stick (not the one you used)
Everything from the beginning.
Format USB stick Fat32.
Copy boot loader and install.
It lasts a very short
If you have a green light then is completed.
Do not forget If you're using the same USB stick for update the bootloader and image
To format USB stick on your PC (FAT32) after bootloader update.
and then put a new image on it
And again install and.Test.
Another possibility is
first try to install last original VU + image
then BH image.
To be sure
Download image again.
Put it on another USB stick (not the one you used)
Everything from the beginning.
Format USB stick Fat32.
Copy boot loader and install.
It lasts a very short
If you have a green light then is completed.
Do not forget If you're using the same USB stick for update the bootloader and image
To format USB stick on your PC (FAT32) after bootloader update.
and then put a new image on it
And again install and.Test.
Another possibility is
first try to install last original VU + image
then BH image.
I will follow your instructions one by one and see how it will go.
I just would like to understand one thing, what is the difference between VU+ image and BH image ??? are not they the same?? and if they are different, where can I get them from?
Could you please also tell me where I can get the latest bootlader from?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.