problem with VU+Solo² and Viaccess-CI cam with Swiss card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahabian1

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody, this is my first post here, so please forgive me for possible errors in posting.

I have a VU+ Solo² receiver with an original Viaccess-CI cam, which I am using since many years with a Swiss card to receive the Swiss channels via Hotbird.
Since about three months all the Swiss the channels are coming in with heavy distortion/pixelation. If I am using the same CI cam with the same card in another receiver, all is working fine.

So I have done a factory reset, I have installed the latest BH image 3.1.0, I have done multiple channel searches, but the problem remains the same in my VU+ Solo².

In the past, the setting in the common interface section labeled "high bitrate support" had to be off for the channels to work.

Now I read in another post, it should be on, so I have changed the setting. Now the Swiss channels are working, but only for ca 10 seconds, then the picture freezes permanently. Switching it back off makes the channel work again, but with pixellation.
Switching the setting back on, and the channels work again for 10 seconds, and it freezes again..?? Anybody any idea!

Attachments

• VU+ solo2.jpg
    VU+ solo2.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Technisat.jpg
    Technisat.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 17

dahabian1

Vu+ Newbie
Did install OBH 4.4, does not even recognise CI-Module, so I cannot reach "High Bitrate" settings. Will go back to BH 3.0.9 or earlier, as it did work before with the same hardware and card.

Coelingh

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody, this is my first post here, so please forgive me for possible errors in posting.

I have a VU+ Solo² receiver with an original Viaccess-CI cam, which I am using since many years with a Swiss card to receive the Swiss channels via Hotbird.
Since about three months all the Swiss the channels are coming in with heavy distortion/pixelation. If I am using the same CI cam with the same card in another receiver, all is working fine.

So I have done a factory reset, I have installed the latest BH image 3.1.0, I have done multiple channel searches, but the problem remains the same in my VU+ Solo².

In the past, the setting in the common interface section labeled "high bitrate support" had to be off for the channels to work.

Now I read in another post, it should be on, so I have changed the setting. Now the Swiss channels are working, but only for ca 10 seconds, then the picture freezes permanently. Switching it back off makes the channel work again, but with pixellation.
Switching the setting back on, and the channels work again for 10 seconds, and it freezes again..?? Anybody any idea!

Hi Dahabian1, (also a newbie on VU+ so it might not be clear)
i have exactly the same problem. I'm using a VU+Solo SE, with a PCMCIA DV3 viaccess module and the swiss SATACCESS card. Updating did not improve and a friend proposed to use internal card-slot with the *********** plugin.
Of course provided you have a free slot and use VTi image and installed ***********.
Another option is more of a gamble; purchase of different CI module (maybe helveticam). of course you don't know if the new one will work with the VU+.
(In the past i used a technisat receiver. In this one the official CI module from Canaldigitaal and smart-card did not work. I used an ASTION CI module and things started to work)
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.