Problems with Tuner Setup VU+ Solo2 Vix 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaeton

Vu+ Newbie
I have a VU+ Solo2 which was running Hades until last weekend without issues, I upgraded to VIX 4 but now I am having issues viewing channels. Before I could watch one channel whilst recording another, be they FTA or encrypted also now not all encrypted channels are visible. All the channels are available on my other Amiko box so I know it's not the line. I'm fairly convinced it's down to how the tuners are configured but trying multiple options doesn't seem to cure it, tried searching but no definitive answer found. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:- Just to add I have 2 separate cables from the quad LNB to each input

Last edited:
I advise you read the forum rules, we aren't allowed to discuss anything related to viewing encrypted channels:
Apologies for that I had read several posts where line cams were being discussed, including a sticky (I think) either way if we ignore that fact I cannot record 1x FTA & record another FTA

Had to take out your link or it wouldn't let me post.

Your tuner settings depend on your satellite set up.
Do you have a fixed dish, single LNB, fixed dish, multiple LNB's, motorized dish, twin LNB, or something else?
Even with a single tuner you can record a FTA channel, and view another FTA channel, providing they're on the same transponder, and with 2 tuners you should be able to record a FTA channel, and view any other available channel.
Is your second tuner set to Equal to the first tuner?
For a motorized dish you set the second tuner up as second cable from motorized dish.
If it's a multi LNB set up then it is more complicated.

Apologies for that I had read several posts where line cams were being discussed, including a sticky (I think) either way if we ignore that fact I cannot record 1x FTA & record another FTA

Had to take out your link or it wouldn't let me post.
You are wrong.
There is a sticky thread that explain, for the last time, that software CAMs are not tolerated, supported or welcome here: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/general-informations.25760/

You have won a week ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back