This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

External USB Quickformat [request]

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
I wish there were some kind of quickformat setting int he usb format wizard, it takes a couple of hours to format a 64GB usb pen (I gave up on a 500GB usb harddrive). I dont think it is absolutely required to overwrite every block on it, a quickformat that takes 10 seconds ought to be enough.

Formatting the pen from a linux machine or windows with ext2/3/4 support doesnt allways work either, not sure why (UUID issue maybe)but the last times i tried i could not mount them as /universe /usb so i had to go thru the internal format function. I know it is possible to do it in a shell, but not everyone can manage that,and since the gui just calls a shell command anyway, why not just add option to do a quick format ?
 
Back
Top