Random Channel Changes

f1ngers

Vu+ Newbie
I have seen a few of these boxes change channels and volume at random times.

In every case the webif has not been open to wan and other remotes have been checked in case they are interfering.

I have tried loading different images and the same thing happens.

Has anyone else experienced this with a solov2se?

Mick12334

I have only ever heard of thisd, on the forums I visit, from you.
Do you have the VU+ Solo SE v2, or the clone VU+ Solo 2 SE?
I advise you check your receiver on another satellite set up, in a different location, or contact your supplier and ask them to test it for you.

f1ngers

Vu+ Newbie
I have only ever heard of thisd, on the forums I visit, from you.
Do you have the VU+ Solo SE v2, or the clone VU+ Solo 2 SE?
I advise you check your receiver on another satellite set up, in a different location, or contact your supplier and ask them to test it for you.

I haven't posted about this under this username or any other username............unless I did it very late at night ;-)

It's a genuine solo se v2 and it's happening on a couple of different boxes at different locations.

Since it doesn't appear to be a common issue, I'll just check this post now and then and see if someone comes across it.

Mick12334

The only thing, I can think of, apart from another remote, or external device, changing channels, and volume, is a power problem, causing spikes.
Seeing as you've checked the receiver, in different locations, and on different satellite equipment, with different receivers, this seems unlikely.
Try an internet search, to see if it's a common problem, or contact VU+, to see if they have any explanation.

f1ngers

Vu+ Newbie
I have exactly the same problem with my SoloSE V2.

I ended up giving my mate an xtrend receiver and it works fine. He sent me back the SoloSEv2 unit and I cannot replicate the problem.

I was wondering, maybe he has a small voltage leak in the cable that goes to the LNB and the SoloSEv2 is more sensitive than the xtrend.

VuComEr

Vu+ Newbie
Same issue, rare "phantom remote key press" from time to time (hours+), suddenly displaying service list or changing channel up/down. Newly purchased genuine SoloSE V2 from major retailer, then flashed with Black Hole 3.0.2 Vu+ SoloSE Kodi. Had no problems with Zero in same place with same version BH 3.0.2 image, no Kodi. Replaced and tested remote with one that came with Zero, issue remains. Before flashing with BH image tested few hours with stock FW out of the box, as I recall even then was one sudden firing of OK button with front LED ring blink, despite remote was lying behind SoloSE, IR receiver could not see it. Could it be too sensitive IR receiver with inadequate interference filtering on SoloSE V2 model HW?

josebla

Vu+ Newbie
The same happens to my genuine Solo SE V2 with Blackhole 3.0.4.0 (2017-10-23-master). Random volumes changes from time to time. Besides, as I configured it to turn on TV when the VU turns on... sometimes TV will turn on in the middle of the night with no people in that room

I want to test the latest version (3.0.5.I) and see what happens...

Matrix10

Administrator
This is most likely a TV or some other electronic interference,
Whether this happens when the TV is turned off ?
Which type of television do you use?
LCD, Plasma, CRT.
It is known that plasma TV can cause interference with remote controls.
Not only with VU + devices.

josebla

Vu+ Newbie
Nice, thanks for the information.

My TV is a Sony KDL-43W808C, with LED screen. The VU is not in direct line of sight with the TV screen, so I guess it's difficult for the screen to cause interference, but it's good to know that kind of things can happen, I didn't know before.

Some time before I had another TV, although the same kind as the one I have now (Sony, LED screen...), and the same thing happened (random volume changes, TV turning on randomly).

I forgot to mention that at night I store every remote (TV, VU Plus, sound bar) in a place where they are not pointing to the VU, in order to reduce the chance to have some strange behaviour from the remotes.

Again, thanks for the info, it's useful

Matrix10

Administrator
Of course it is impossible for me to know the reason.
But one of the causes can certainly be an external problem.
Of course, the problem with VU + receiver and remote can not be ruled out either.
I must say I have never had such a case.
I had similar problem with my TV.
Sometimes a stronger tone, by itself.
The reason was the volume buttons on the TV itself.
I thought somebody was kidding me :wallbash:

vustarter00

Vu+ Newbie
this has been actually happening to me too for 2 years at least - random volume changes, without remote being touched, or even in the same room...

now I have moved to different location, with the same TV (65" panasonic plasma from 2012), and it's still happening :)))

if I connect solo2 d evice, with exact same configuration... it never happens....

maybe making the IR in the vu+ somehow less powerful? placing something in front of it? :)