Receiver options??

Zebadee

Vu+ Newbie
Complete noob so sorry in advance for the stupid questions... they're inevitable.

I'm on the brink of sacking off sly as my contract has just come to an end and I can't for the life of me find an answer as to what receiver I need to buy.

I have a fixed sly dish with a shotgun coax and will have a live cable feed. I want to be able to record as many different channels at once as is possible with this set up. HD is a must for viewing live but not for recording.

I have zero access to the dish.

What are my options??

I really appreciate any and all input.

Complete noob so sorry in advance for the stupid questions... they're inevitable.

I'm on the brink of sacking off sly as my contract has just come to an end and I can't for the life of me find an answer as to what receiver I need to buy.

I have a fixed sly dish with a shotgun coax and will have a live cable feed. I want to be able to record as many different channels at once as is possible with this set up. HD is a must for viewing live but not for recording.

I have zero access to the dish.

What are my options??

I really appreciate any and all input.

What is the relationship the final of contract with an implementation of a Sat system? This i do not understand!

best regards
nunigaia

What is the relationship the final of contract with an implementation of a Sat system? This i do not understand!

best regards
nunigaia
I won't be renewing my sly subscription and will instead be purchasing a receiver.

My question is simply, with a fixed sly dish, twin coax from said dish and a live cable feed what are my options?

I want to be able to watch HD live and record as many different channels as possible.

Well your options are very limited.You'll be able to watch all freeview channels broadcast on 28.2.Anything else is impossible without a legal subscription.Any other way is forbidden talk on this forum as per rules.

Well your options are very limited.You'll be able to watch all freeview channels broadcast on 28.2.Anything else is impossible without a legal subscription.Any other way is forbidden talk on this forum as per rules.
You seem to have answered a question I haven't asked. My question is in relation to recording, not watching. With the set up I have in place regardless of anything else. What receiver would best serve for recording multiple programs at the same time?

Sorry if I misinterpreted your question.Depending on your budget you could opt for the Duo2 with twin sat tuner and a cable tuner also fitted.This would give you quite a few recording options with a top of the range box.There are 4K Vu boxes out now but it all depends on your personal preferences

Sorry if I misinterpreted your question.Depending on your budget you could opt for the Duo2 with twin sat tuner and a cable tuner also fitted.This would give you quite a few recording options with a top of the range box.There are 4K Vu boxes out now but it all depends on your personal preferences
Could I utilise the 4K box with a standard sly set up though? I've only got the 2 cables and whatever dish they fit as standard. I can't change anything about this set up as the dish itself is inaccessible.

Back