Remote Control for VU+ | Control your VU+ with the genuine looking App!

RemoteControl

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everbody!

I'm the developer of Remote Control for VU+ - a new iPhone/iPad app for controlling your VU+ set-top boxes diretcly from your iDevice w/o renouncing to the original remote control layout.

Before I give you a brief introduction (it's just a copy/paste from iTunes description :)) I would like to take 2 questions in advance:

What the f***, not another remoter control app?!
Since I ordered my VU+ Solo2 two years ago, I missed one special item in the App Store - a simple to use and genuine looking remote control app. Because this app was never developed before, I started to design the layout in Photoshop and to implement all remote control functions in Xcode. Apps like dreaMote, e2Remote and telly'mote are already established on the market well, but - if I'm honest - for me too complex with too much functions implemented. And that's the reason, why I started this little project.

Why not a Freebie?
This answer is quite easy: There is a lot of work behind it :)
I try to respond to every request and I also try to implement future enhacements/improvements as soon as possible. These 99c are my personal commitment to deal with this project seriously and responsibly.

kztglvnxcua2.jpg

Remote Control for VU+
Control your VU+ with the genuine looking App!

------

►►► The #1 VU+ Remote Control in 128 countries! ◄◄◄

Reviews:
"Better than the original in haptics and usability!
"Has the same features as the real remote control!"
"Beautiful and totally real looking layout!"

------

Features:
• Zap through all Channels
• Show all Bouquets
• Change Volume
• Switch to Mute
• Show EPG, Teletext, Subtitle, Recorded Files, Audio Options
• Use Recording, Timeshift and Exit Functions
• Switch between TV and Radio
• Use long button press functionality
• Multi Quick Button Support (opt. Enigma2 addon)
• and much more ...

How to configure Remote Control for VU+?
• Go to Settings → Remote Control for VU+ on your iPhone
• Enter IP-Address, Port, Username and Password of your VU+
• Standard VU+ Configruration:
Web-Interface Port (80), Username (root), Password (dreambox)

Which VU+ devices are supported at the moment?
• VU+ Duo2
• VU+ Solo2
• VU+ Solo2 White Edition
• VU+ Solo SE
• VU+ Solo SE White Edition
• VU+ Ultimo
• VU+ Duo Limited
• VU+ Solo
• VU+ Duo
• VU+ Uno

Your feedback is appreciated!

Remote Control for VU+ is available for
• iPhone 4/4s --> iTunes link
• iPhone 5/5s/5c/6/6+ --> iTunes link
• iPad --> iTunes link

For more detailed information:
Code:
http://www.remotecontrol.co.nf

Thanks mate! :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

johanedlund

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm a user of your remote control and I like it - it's easy to use since it looks like the original.
I am currently using The Home Remote for controlling my home and I would like to open up your app from within the Home Remote app - I am doing that for e.g. Roku, Kodi; AppleTV and some other using URL Schemes such as remote:// to open AppleTV remote or xbmcremote:// to open up the Kodi remote.

Can yoou add this possibility to your app as well?

Thanks,
/Johan

More info on URL Schemes can be found here:

Code:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/Inter-AppCommunication/Inter-AppCommunication.html

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

Hi, I'm a user of your remote control and I like it - it's easy to use since it looks like the original.
I am currently using The Home Remote for controlling my home and I would like to open up your app from within the Home Remote app - I am doing that for e.g. Roku, Kodi; AppleTV and some other using URL Schemes such as remote:// to open AppleTV remote or xbmcremote:// to open up the Kodi remote.

Can yoou add this possibility to your app as well?

Thanks,
/Johan

More info on URL Schemes can be found here:

Code:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/Inter-AppCommunication/Inter-AppCommunication.html

Next time, please don´t post external live links. Thanks.

best regards
nunigaia

davy peden

Vu+ Newbie
ok guys please please help me as I am about to lose it
1. box turns on 2. on tv screen imamg up 3.box screen says plugin are aviable
4.new conrol not working box as they are new so box is sitting doing nothing help please

Mick12334

I'm running Open Black Hole and my mini USB keyboard always works, as the drivers are loaded, I've also used my USB keyboard, not wireless, off my PC.
Which image are you running?
If your receiver is already set up you can use the remote in OpenWebif, to control it, by simply typing your receivers IP address into a web browser.

Last edited:

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have just downloaded it but some buttons doesen't work ? I press volume - and open another thing ? What does it metter !!! help please